Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No base layer

Posted by urbanzakapa 
No base layer
May 08, 2014 01:44PM
Guys,
Does the print product of the Prusa Mendel i2 suppose to have base layer? For my case, the printer seems like want to print the base layer but there is no extruded PLA came out. So, just want a confirmation from other Prusa Mendel builders, do yours have a base layer for the printed product? If there is, how can I make mine to print the base layer?

Thanks in advance.
Re: No base layer
May 08, 2014 03:23PM
urbanzakapa
Guys,
Does the print product of the Prusa Mendel i2 suppose to have base layer? For my case, the printer seems like want to print the base layer but there is no extruded PLA came out. So, just want a confirmation from other Prusa Mendel builders, do yours have a base layer for the printed product? If there is, how can I make mine to print the base layer?

Thanks in advance.

This is the wrong forum for the Prusa (this is for Ormerod printers), but your problem appears to be non printer specific so we may be able to help. Does the extruder turn when the printer is trying to print the base layer?

Dave (#106)
May 08, 2014 04:54PM
I think you received a batch of Levitating Filament.... It happends all the time to Prusa users that use the wrong forum.....
(Teasing you)..

I think without a base layer my print would fall over....

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
May 10, 2014 05:35PM
dmould
urbanzakapa
Guys,

Thanks in advance.

This is the wrong forum for the Prusa (this is for Ormerod printers), but your problem appears to be non printer specific so we may be able to help. Does the extruder turn when the printer is trying to print the base layer?

Dave (#106)

Yeah, it does turn, but nothing came out from the extruder and after a while, it starts to print the first layer and the rest. I thought everything in this forum is about prusa mendel,,haha
May 12, 2014 07:51AM
urbanzakapa
dmould
urbanzakapa
Guys,

Thanks in advance.

Dave (#106)

Yeah, it does turn, but nothing came out from the extruder and after a while, it starts to print the first layer and the rest. I thought everything in this forum is about prusa mendel,,haha

Sounds like you are starting the print without priming the extruder by feeding filament up to the nozzle until it extrudes a bit. Either that or your Slic3r settings have resulted in the printer doing a massive retraction before the print - check that the extruder does not operate in reverse before the print starts. The extruder does need to push a few cm of plastic before it starts printing - that's why you have a skirt (a ring around the outside of the print). The extrusion lag should occur when printing the start of the skirt where it does not matter if part of the skirt is missing, but by the end of the skirt and before it starts on the bottom layer of the printed part, the plastic should be flowing well.

Dave
(#106)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login