Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New firmware with FTP and experimental Telnet support [0.65g-dc42]

Posted by chrishamm 
New firmware with FTP and experimental Telnet support [0.65g-dc42]
June 15, 2014 10:07AM
I've just released my fork of dc42's firmware with FTP and experimental Telnet support on [github.com]. In this firmware release, I've modified parts of the LWIP IP stack to increase stability and reduce RAM usage. This is working well on Linux 3.14 and Windows 8.1, but I haven't tested it on Windows 7 yet.

If you haven't tried out the new FTP feature yet, I recommend the usage of FileZilla or any other FTP program with PASV support. FTP active mode is not supported, and I don't see any reason to add it sometime soon.
When setting up a new FTP connection profile, you can specify any user name you like, but the password must match the one in your config.g file (default is "reprap").

The new Telnet interface can be used to send G-Code commands to your Ormerod. For the login password, you must specify the same one as in your config.g file. If you want to close an active Telnet session, you can use either "exit" or "quit".

If you experience any networking-related issues, such as unexpected connection aborts, please connect a USB cable to the Duet, execute "M111 S2" and post the LWIP statistics from the USB output here. This could help me debug some problems I haven't discovered yet.

Please note: If you're upgrading from the official RRP firmware or from an older version of dc42's firmware, ensure you're using at least version 0.90 of dc42's web interface.

Feedback is welcome!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login