Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No Thermistor reading at all?

Posted by jazzyjonesy 
No Thermistor reading at all?
October 30, 2014 04:18PM
Hi everyone, my first post and hoping for a little help please, I just bought an Ormerod 1 and had finished Commissioning when I had a problem that I now can't fix!

I had a good search on the forum but couldn't find any other threads with the same issue, but apologies if I have duplicated anything!

Basically I was running axis compensation when I noticed that the hot end temperature was suddenly reading below zero and the hot end was smoking, once I had turned off the power and plugged it in I get the following readout when trying to connect in Pronterface or Arduino... "T:B: 21.5". I havent seen this readout on any other threads? I have tested the thermistor which works, checked that I am getting 3.3V from Duet for the Thermistor and checked the wiring between the board and thermistor I am unsure what to check next!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Andrew.
Re: No Thermistor reading at all?
October 30, 2014 04:35PM
What firmware version are you running? Send M115 to find out.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 30, 2014 04:37PM
Thanks for your reply!

The firmware is 0.78c, I updated it when I received the Ormerod.
October 30, 2014 04:49PM
When you updated your firmware, I think you omitted to update config.g. You need to define a tool in config.g using the M563 command.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 30, 2014 05:03PM
Thanks for that, turns out I was being an idiot and the SD card had come loose! Not sure why that coincided with the hot end incident.

Sorry to have wasted your time, but also thanks very much, for this and a lot of your other posts which are extremely useful!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login