Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing an Ormerod2 fan spacer for an O1

Posted by auser 
Printing an Ormerod2 fan spacer for an O1
December 02, 2014 02:11PM
Dear Ormerodders
I'm planning to print more ABS part's and I'm therefore upgrading my Ormerod1 (O1).
Now I'm wondering if it would make sense to not print a new fan-duct and heatsink duct in ABS but only a FAN-Spacer? Any reason not to do so? From wikipedia glass transition temperature seems to be equal for PMMA and ABS...
many thanks for your advice!
auser

PS: Ian, in case you are reading this: how would you advise and how thick is the spacer? I'd probably print it some 3-4 mm

Edit: PS added

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2014 02:14PM by auser.
Re: Printing an Ormerod2 fan spacer for an O1
December 03, 2014 04:25AM
Hi auser

Yes, you can print the fan spacer - I guess you're talking about the part that is now acrylic on the hot end. I don't think the dxf is in the repository yet, though it is in the 'sw' folder. I've asked Jean-Marc to update the dxfs. Once it appears, I'd print it 5mm thick, which is the same as the rest of the acrylic parts.

Usually just taking off the nozzle duct printed part works fine; the fan duct then just pushes air out backwards. You can just take both printed parts out - it's how Mendel and Huxley hot ends have been shipped for ages. See the ABS printing guide here: [reprappro.com]

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login