Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dual extruder with two single hot-end?

Posted by Treito 
Dual extruder with two single hot-end?
June 28, 2015 08:01PM
Hello,

I accidentally ordered two seperate hot-ends instead of one dual hotend. (You should read before ordering how the dual extrusion works). Can I use them instead? Or do I have to trash them away? The extruder will come with a J-Head. I have to construct a part for carrying them in every case so that should not be the problem but the distance between the two nozzles is of course slightly higher.

Regards,

Sven

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
Re: Dual extruder with two single hot-end?
June 29, 2015 07:57AM
Should not be a problem, but you might have a smaller print area, and they have to be perfectly aligned at the nozzles so 1 nozzle does not collide in the object you are printing.
Re: Dual extruder with two single hot-end?
June 29, 2015 08:23AM
Yes I hope so. The idea was that I extend the existing hot-end with a second one. With the J-Head it should be possible to get the nozzles closer together than with the original hotends but I am not sure for the moment - the hot-ends did not arrive yet. Thanks for the answer. I will give this a try with my coming Ormerod. Only 5 packets are missing. One is at the German customs ready to get picked up but I did not get the papers to fetch this package - the German mail service is in a strike since nearly one month (!).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2015 08:23AM by Treito.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login