Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ormerod web interface "busy" until hot end temperature reached?

Posted by ChristofSchwiening 
Ormerod web interface "busy" until hot end temperature reached?
July 08, 2015 07:06AM
Dear All,
There must be a simple explanation for this. One of my Ormerod's web interface pauses - "busy" - whilst the hot end heats up to temperature. If, by accident, I set the temperature to below room temperature then the interface seems to hang completely (or until I do an Emergency stop). Is this normal?
Greetings,
Christof
Re: Ormerod web interface "busy" until hot end temperature reached?
July 08, 2015 08:00AM
IIUC, the printer will wait for the set temperature to be achieved (either by cooling or heating) when it encounters a "wait for temperature" command in the G-code. Such a command is usually placed in the start G-code. The printer should not however pause if a temperature setting is changed but a "wait" G-code does not follow later. I've not tried it, but you could try breaking the infinite wait by setting an attainable temperature in the web interface. Or grab a few ice-cubes and pack them around the hotend!

Dave
Re: Ormerod web interface "busy" until hot end temperature reached?
July 08, 2015 08:06AM
I think this is to with tool changes. On mutli-nozzle printers, you want each tool to wait for the target temperature to be reached when they are enabled. Otherwise, it will start printing with the next tool before it has heated up, or the previous tool has cooled down.

The side effect of this is that, if you set a temperature, then enable the tool, the printer sits and waits for the temperature to be reached, and is generally uncommunicative until it does! There are a couple of ways of changing this behaviour that I can think of:
1. The 'tpost.g' macro ( [github.com] ) controls the behaviour of the tool after it has been selected. This has M116 ( [reprap.org] ) in it, which waits for all temperatures to be reached. You can comment this out, but then the tool won't wait for temperatures to be reached.
2. Enable the hotend (ie send 'T0'), then set the hot end temperature. The firmware shouldn't then be waiting for the temperature to be reached.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login