Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Print jumps in x and y axis mid print

Posted by RoSt 
Print jumps in x and y axis mid print
July 11, 2015 07:13PM
Hello folks.
I have a problem i thought was belt tension problem first but it seems to be in both x and y axis.

My print seems to jump just like if the belt was loose or something but they are firmly tightened and i would be surprised if it was a belt problem.

I did some quadcopter motor mounts and i have big problems printing it, i attach a picture.

The print is quite good except it have moved 8mm to the right at one layer. this is a old g-file that i have on my sd and have been printed before without problem.

The items sticks hard to the kapton tape, this problem occur on several files

Hope you have any ideas on what it could be....
Re: Print jumps in x and y axis mid print
July 12, 2015 08:58AM
I've had this a few times. it usually indicates that the head has caught on the print somewhere, maybe because a corner lifted when the head moved away.
July 13, 2015 07:18AM
See the troubleshooting guide here: [reprappro.com] and the three sections after it [reprappro.com] , [reprappro.com] and [reprappro.com] . Most likey: belt pulleys are loose on the X and/or Y motor shafts.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
July 13, 2015 08:56AM
This has happened to me, same as Crouchy, usually something snagging a curling corner or edge. ABS prints seem especially prone to it. For me they tend to snag on the x-carriage by the height sensor or on the sensor itself.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login