Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hot end failed - Bed didn´t active

Posted by #Megafarm 
Hot end failed - Bed didn´t active
September 25, 2015 01:41PM
Hello,
I am using the RepRapPro Ormerod 1(firmware 1.09) and the webinterface(1.06). I have got some problems with my hot end. Since I have problems with my z -axis homing I do this manually. It works great. Then I heat my hot end manually to 195 °C and my bed to 57°C and there come the problem: at around 191,5 °C the heating failed. I get a message: something like T0 191,5 °C and 150 sec. Then I disconnect my printer from electricity and after 3 minutes I connect again. Then I heat my hot end again. But there come a second problem: I can not heat my bed. So I disconnect and connect again. This goes up to 4 or 5 times sometimes(sometimes about 40 minutes before I can print!!!!!). And then it works. Is it normal? I do not think so. I hope there is someone who can help me.

I love 3D printing and the printing quality is really good but I do not like having problems.

#Megafarm
Re: Hot end failed - Bed didn´t active
September 25, 2015 02:36PM
#Megafarm
Hello,
I am using the RepRapPro Ormerod 1(firmware 1.09) ...

Hello and welcome, here's a bit of advice from Ian

Some customers have had problems with hot end heating with the 1.09 firmware. The PID values (which control the heating) were changed with this firmware upate. Generally, this is okay - we tested in house, and didn't see any problems. But.....

[forums.reprap.org]

Erik
Re: Hot end failed - Bed didn´t active
September 25, 2015 03:19PM
Look at the temperature graph in the web interface. If it starts levelling off much too early, adjust the PID parameters. Otherwise, increase the "time to hot" timeout using the M570 command in config.g. See [reprap.org].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login