Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fit Ormerod 1 carriage to Ormerod 2

Posted by brlowe 
Fit Ormerod 1 carriage to Ormerod 2
January 02, 2016 11:58AM
I'm building an Ormerod 2 but I have the aluminum carriage for an Ormerod 1 I would like to use in place of the wood carrier. What parts would I need?
Can I print them? Is it worth the extra work?
For now I'm building it with the wood carriage but would like to change it out later.
Re: Fit Ormerod 1 carriage to Ormerod 2
January 02, 2016 12:38PM
I think you mess something up, you are not talking about the carriage?

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.

January 02, 2016 01:04PM
I think he is talking abaut the Hot Bed carriage and i dont think it will fit ,you would need to design something yourself as i dont think anyone has done it before.
January 02, 2016 01:15PM
Darathy
I think he is talking abaut the Hot Bed carriage
Or he is talking about the X-Arm.

i dont think it will fit
It will not because the design differs too much.

as i dont think anyone has done it before
There are two designs available on thingiverse. One complete design is from me, but I do recommend printing this in ABS only especially the bed support.

Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
January 02, 2016 02:18PM
i only guess couse he mentioned Wood and only part wood is the bed support.
January 02, 2016 02:44PM
brlowe
For now I'm building it with the wood carriage but would like to change it out later.

I presume you are talking about the y-carriage, the bed-support (6mm ply)

The aluminum carriage for the Ormerod 1 was designed by dc42 to substitute the original MDF bed support that sagged badly and moved with the temperature, as far as I know the new plywood one don't have this problem

Should be quite easy, just print this ormerod 2 model from thingiverse and put the aluminium plate on top

Ormerod 2 one piece bed remix
[www.thingiverse.com]

Is a remix of the one I printed for Ormerod 1 and that one printed just great

Erik
January 02, 2016 05:53PM
Yes I was talking about the hotbed carriage. I will print that part once I'm up and printing and then change it out later.
So what is the correct name for the hotbed carriage?

ormerod168
brlowe

I presume you are talking about the y-carriage, the bed-support (6mm ply)

The aluminum carriage for the Ormerod 1 was designed by dc42 to substitute the original MDF bed support that sagged badly and moved with the temperature, as far as I know the new plywood one don't have this problem

Should be quite easy, just print this ormerod 2 model from thingiverse and put the aluminium plate on top

Ormerod 2 one piece bed remix
[www.thingiverse.com]

[attachment 68798 One-pieceOrmerodbedsupport.JPG]

Erik
January 02, 2016 06:05PM
ormerod168

I used this some time ago. I was not happy with that. First I needed to drill an extra hole to my aluminium bed support. The second problem was that the available printing height was reduced. Okay that is probably no problem with the Ormerod 2, but I did not test the design. I have some personally issues with that remix.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2016 06:05PM by Treito.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login