Advanced

testers needed please

Posted by steve0-uk 
testers needed please
February 01, 2016 01:50PM
hey all

I created this and uploaded to thingiverse

[www.thingiverse.com]

my printer is out of action at the moment so I am unable to print and test myself, I just need to know if everything is ok then I can remove the work in progress from it

any info on how it performs, if it needs any walls fitting to block air from the cooling fan etc...

please let me know smiling smiley
Re: testers needed please
February 01, 2016 02:31PM
if you need a mount i have a simular version: [www.thingiverse.com]
February 01, 2016 02:33PM
Or you can use mine using a blow fan for cooling down. Files are here

[www.dropbox.com]
[www.dropbox.com]

----- Making the world smarter @ www.xetal.eu
----- Helping entrepreneurs @ www.fralke.com
February 01, 2016 02:56PM
thanks for the links guys, but I need to know if mine (the one I linked to) is correct in terms of where the sensor mounts are and if any backwash occurs from the hot end fan through the heatsink
February 01, 2016 04:34PM
I've printed this and am in the process of wiring up the hot end board. Position looks good.
Can't comment on Backwash but as it's based on the original RepRapPro fan spacer it can't be any worse than the standard.
February 01, 2016 04:43PM
NeilFrazerLX
I've printed this and am in the process of wiring up the hot end board. Position looks good.
Can't comment on Backwash but as it's based on the original RepRapPro fan spacer it can't be any worse than the standard.

nice one, let me know how your prints turn out smiling smiley

its primary use is to mount DC's Sensor Board for those with the newer design which it does, but if it can improve print quality (with whatever mods need doing) then it can be made better than the original
February 06, 2016 11:41AM
Just finished installing the board and it could do with being 2mm higher. At the moment it hits the Z sensor plate you have to add to the X Motor Bracket and I have had to drop the nozzles a bit. You can adjust it so that it clears with the bearing on the back of the X carriage but thats a pain to do if your print isn't perfect. Other than that it works.

The lug for the cooling fan needs modifying for a dual nozzle head as the RRP fan duct won't fit but then the duct it wasn't designed for a dual nozzle head so I'll probably just design something new.

Might be worth putting one without the fan duct lug up on Thingiverse as an option.

It would also be worth adding some lugs on the right hand side to guide the heater and thermistor cables up the side of the heatsink. Something similar to the board lugs would do fine.

Hope that helps.

N
February 06, 2016 01:35PM
Actually scratch that. The board triggers with the nozzles at 1.8mm above the glass build plate so 2mm would be too much. 1.5mm would do it as there is a little more play to lift the nozzles a bit.
That or drop the Z Sensor plate a bit which may be a better option.
February 07, 2016 04:57AM
Thanks for the feedback I'll have a play around and update the file
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login