Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Ormerod 1 user

Posted by catohagen 
New Ormerod 1 user
March 11, 2016 02:10PM
Hi, I was handed a Ormerod 1 from a friend recently...and he got it from his workplace but they didnt manage to use it.

So after reading alot I started knowing the machine abit, but some things are unclear..

At first I found the ip address from the config.g, but browsing there gave me a non working web gui, so I installed new firmware and web interface and have working web gui. Homing the axes results in crashing in X, because the extruder fan and body is bumping into the controller housing(duet board)...so i have to lift z axis 50-60mm from bed to stay clear....is this normal ?

Y axis have endstop so everything is ok there.

Z axis uses proximity sensor and seems to work....

Extruder motor didnt work, but after some reading i edited the voltage to 900 and now it works fine. I can start a print(after M302P1) with cold nozzle and seems to work, whisle.gcode from sd card but there are a crash with duet controller after z probing...but it stutters for 2 secs but moves out on the bed and prints.

I'm an Ultimaker user since 2012, so I understand 3D printers and gcode and i'm thinking I need to edit all homing macros to prevent crash with the duet controller housing, or move the card and use default homing macros.

Any advices ? Adding a G0 Z60 in x homing macro should prevent this but if there is a better way ?

Cant print anything yet as all filament i have is 2.85mm from Ultimaker....but I was thinking of setting it up as a nylon machine only, when all issues are sorted smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2016 02:11PM by catohagen.
Re: New Ormerod 1 user
March 11, 2016 02:56PM
well, browsing the forums here, i read you could slide the duet controller housing sideways.......problem solved smiling smiley
March 11, 2016 03:01PM
I sugest going through this: [reprappro.com] and check if evrything on it is asembled correctly and especialy the commissioning part. It could have been assembled wrong. But mainly to me it sounds like there is a probing problem when homing X ,check that you have white label over the pin that sticks out near the X-axis motor ,the sensor should go over and stop there . Also check that you have the correct Probe type selected in your config: M558 P1 ; Use an unmodulated Z probe(it was the original probe).
March 11, 2016 03:13PM
catohagen
..Homing the axes results in crashing in X, because the extruder fan and body is bumping into the controller housing(duet board)...so i have to lift z axis 50-60mm from bed to stay clear....is this normal ?

No its not normal if nothing extra is added to the fan intake that is (like a deflector to prevent backwash from the fan)

Must be the duet housing..

[reprappro.com]

..or the Z-extrusion not mounted in the correct place

[reprappro.com]

Erik
March 12, 2016 06:47AM
Hi,

here some additional answers:

catohagen
Homing the axes results in crashing in X, because the extruder fan and body is bumping into the controller housing(duet board)...so i have to lift z axis 50-60mm from bed to stay clear....is this normal ?

That is not normal as long as you use the standard fan with no extras. Maybe there are some additions or the case or the z-axis are not mounted properly. For further assistance take a look at Erik's answer.

... i edited the voltage to 900...

milli-Amps not voltage.

but there are a crash with duet controller after z probing...but it stutters for 2 secs but moves out on the bed and prints.

I did not get this. What do you mean?
So as I understood this passage I would say that the nozzle is to deep and has to be lifted (changing the values for z-homing)

BTW what Extruder do you use? The origonal one or the spring loaded one?

Sven

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
March 12, 2016 07:26AM
Treito
Hi,

here some additional answers:

catohagen
Homing the axes results in crashing in X, because the extruder fan and body is bumping into the controller housing(duet board)...so i have to lift z axis 50-60mm from bed to stay clear....is this normal ?

That is not normal as long as you use the standard fan with no extras. Maybe there are some additions or the case or the z-axis are not mounted properly. For further assistance take a look at Erik's answer.

... i edited the voltage to 900...

milli-Amps not voltage.

but there are a crash with duet controller after z probing...but it stutters for 2 secs but moves out on the bed and prints.

I did not get this. What do you mean?
So as I understood this passage I would say that the nozzle is to deep and has to be lifted (changing the values for z-homing)

BTW what Extruder do you use? The origonal one or the spring loaded one?

Sven

Hi,

Everything seems to be standard, fan and extruder.

After sliding the duet casing towards the Y motor, there is clearance and no more crashing..

There are some issues then printing....I home first X, then Y and then Z, after homing Z the nozzle are in the middle if the bed...if I start the whisle.g print, it acts as if X0 and Y0 are where the nozzle currently are (center of bed) and during print it approaches the end of the X axis and bumps into it...i cancel print and home X Y Z again, and home X so the nozzle are where X0 are at the edge of the bed....now it will print correctly...

Printing are without filament and 3-4 mm above bed as I currently only have 3mm filament
March 12, 2016 09:23AM
Did you update also the homing files as you updated the firmware?

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
March 12, 2016 11:23AM
also post a config file so we can see, but some slicer software will set the X=0 and Y=0 is center_(you can set it diferently) :

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login