Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

duet buffer problem

Posted by bobexuk 
duet buffer problem
March 19, 2016 04:02AM
Hi all
I use a duet 0.85 with my Ormerod 2 and have had to do a lot of troubleshooting - various mild problems.
I use Chrome and the web interface latest version with the latest DC42 firmware {thank you for continuing this development)
Initially at start-up the response of my machine is almost instant but as I send more and more instructions to check homing etc the machine becomes sluggish
Eventually even typing in G codes is sluggish
A reboot of Chrome and the machine returns to a rapid response and gradually slows again
Is there some sort of buffer filling up, memory leak or is it my setup?
I hope someone can offer a solution as it is frustrating
I also think it has a part to play in my problem with uploading large G code files
At boot up I can load a large file but after testing and sending G codes manually the file loads but then freezes the software.

Rob H
Re: duet buffer problem
March 19, 2016 05:07AM
Which operating system are you running Chrome under? Have you tried using Firefox instead?

I find that I have to terminate and restart Chrome occasionally because it becomes slow or uses too much CPU time, but I generally have 30 to 50 tabs open.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 19, 2016 05:29AM
I run windows 10 on a machine with a very fast processor and loads of memory
I run chrome with only the web interface open
I have used firefox and had the same problem

Rob H
March 19, 2016 08:49AM
Try loading Task manager (via control-alt-del) and see what is taking all the processor time when Chrome runs slowly.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 19, 2016 04:19PM
I used the interface until it was very sluggish and then looked at task manager
The only cpu usage was chrome at a steady 15% nothing else was running any cpu time
Rob H
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login