Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New batch of Ormerod differential IR sensor boards?

Posted by dc42 
New batch of Ormerod differential IR sensor boards?
December 11, 2015 03:42PM
I have provisional orders for 3 differential IR sensor dual nozzle boards for the Ormerod. If I get another 2 or more orders, I will assemble a batch. So does anyone else want one? These boards provide an improved IR sensor that works anywhere on the bed, thermostatic control of the hot end fan, termination of all the hot end connections on Molex connectors, a red LED to indicate the sensor has been triggered, and amber LEDs to indicate power to the hot ends. More info and photos at [miscsolutions.wordpress.com]. The dual nozzle boards can also be used on single nozzle printers.

Price would be GBP51.00 including UK shipping and VAT, GBP59.13 including EU shipping and VAT, or GBP50.35 including shipping to the rest of the world or to VAT-registered EU business customers.

Please note, I do not have a printable design for mounting this board on the latest version of the Ormerod 2 hot end with laser cut fan spacer, although someone else may have one.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: New batch of Ormerod differential IR sensor boards?
December 15, 2015 03:43PM
i'd be interested in one
December 17, 2015 02:08PM
David,
just so you know I would like a single head version and a dual head version of the sensor board if and when you make a batch.
So that would be 2 for me.

Brandon
December 17, 2015 02:37PM
brlowe
David,
just so you know I would like a single head version and a dual head version of the sensor board if and when you make a batch.
So that would be 2 for me.

Brandon

You can use dual nozzle board for a single nozzle just put a jumper on 2 pins. unless you will have 2 Ormerods.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2015 02:38PM by Darathy.
January 03, 2016 01:40PM
I now have orders for 5 boards, so I will make up a small batch in the next couple of weeks. If you haven't already asked to go on the waiting list, now is the time to do so, because I can increase the size of the batch.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

January 03, 2016 07:17PM
Great work DC42,

Thanks for your contributions to the community.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2016 07:20PM by parper101.

Green Machine - slowly becoming multicoulored!
January 07, 2016 08:11AM
Hi,

I'm interested in buying one board for dual nozzle!!!

Thanks, Paolo (ITALY)
January 08, 2016 04:28AM
Hi,

Yep please, I would love a board.
January 21, 2016 03:19PM
Am i to late or can i still be in?
January 21, 2016 03:33PM
I received the components today to build a batch of 9 boards, which I will assemble tomorrow or over the weekend. So far I have logged orders of one board each from MintSauce, briowe, steve0-uk, Mopane, unstable, chpm78, dan@etrixs.co.uk, and now andynxn. So unless I have overlooked an order, I have one board unallocated.

January 21, 2016 03:43PM
Please put me down for the unallocated board.
January 21, 2016 03:45PM
ayudtee
Please put me down for the unallocated board.

OK, you've got it unless someone shows me that I overlooked their earlier request.

January 21, 2016 04:00PM
Brill. Let us know when you want money etc.
January 22, 2016 06:56AM
sweet, do you have the parts for the Due board I requested also winking smiley

let me know when you want paying David
January 22, 2016 09:43AM
steve0-uk
sweet, do you have the parts for the Due board I requested also winking smiley

I expect to have PanelDue boards back in stock on Monday or Tuesday.

January 23, 2016 12:02PM
I PM'd you about a board on the 10th but didn't get a reply, I think you may have overlooked me winking smiley
January 25, 2016 02:34AM
I ordered one and now have one of the Ormerod 2 sensors spare if anyone wants one.
I also have a spare 5V regulator board for Duet Shield (unused) and
2 x 0.3 mm quick set hot end nozzles (used).
January 26, 2016 04:08PM
static65
I PM'd you about a board on the 10th but didn't get a reply, I think you may have overlooked me winking smiley

So you did.

ayudtee, I'm sorry, you will have to wait for the next batch.

January 26, 2016 04:11PM
I will start shipping this batch tomorrow or Thursday. Please can MintSauce, briowe, steve0-uk, Mopane, chpm78 and andynxn please PM me giving their email address for the PayPal invoice and which country they are in.

I will probably make another small batch about 3 to 4 weeks from now.

January 26, 2016 04:24PM
Pm sent
January 26, 2016 10:50PM
My PM is also sent.
Thank for your hard work and help.
January 27, 2016 03:47PM
Paid my invoice

many thanks
January 27, 2016 05:17PM
I finished assembling the nine boards today. I aim to test and ship them tomorrow.

March 29, 2016 12:30PM
Hi dc42,
I'm interested in having one of these boards. Thank you to send me a message when you will have your 5 orders in total for making another batch. So I ordered One Ormerod differential IR sensor board,. Thank you to take me on the batch.

Kind regards.

While waiting for the completion of the batch, I would like to make sure of my understanding of the schematic of the Ormerod 1 sensor board update with RRP 4 wires, I attached. Would you be kind enough to look through the paint file attached and correct it if it is wrong. You mention on one thread "cut the trace between the 1K resistor and the IR sensor and solder a 51 R 603 across the gap. Solder a BC817 transistor on top, collector to one pad of the 51 R, emitter to one pad of the 1K, base pin floating, so that the transistor is connected in parallel with 1K." So I solder the 51 R on the emitter of the TCRT 1000 second pin from the left of my diagram. is it correct ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

All the best and kind regards.
Attachments:
open | download - sensor board schematic.jpg (39.1 KB)
March 29, 2016 03:54PM
I have added you to the list for Ormerod boards.

I don't remember the details of that modification such as resistor values, but your diagram looks correct to me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login