Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cant home x

Posted by Sardi 
Cant home x
May 16, 2016 04:39AM
So after about a month of not using the printer (Ormerod 1,1.09r-dc42 firmware) I cant home X.

I press HomeX button on the web interface, but all that happens it that the head moves a bit forward and stops there, no matter where it was at the moment.
I tried reseting, unplugging, checking all the cables.. anybody got an idea?

got solved by itself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2016 04:42AM by Sardi.
Re: Cant home x
May 16, 2016 07:30AM
Sounds like your IR sensor was permanently triggered. Maybe you had the printer in bright Sunlight or there was an object on the bed?

Dave
May 16, 2016 05:52PM
dmould
Sounds like your IR sensor was permanently triggered. Maybe you had the printer in bright Sunlight or there was an object on the bed?

Dave

I would agree with that;
As it happened when I put a light above the printer and the x axis wouldn't move.
Also happens if the printer is placed in direct sunlight and needs to shaded from that sunlight to home the x axis. It just thinks it's at it's home position due to the high probe reading (+9000 )

Supporting 3D Printers with Parts and Build services.
Printer: Ormerod 2 (528.4) Duel extruder set-up with Aluminium X-Rib, RRPro Firmware v1.11-ch (2016-04-08)
May 17, 2016 03:34AM
The maximum possible reading is 1024.
However maybe your signal wire is shortcut to the 3.3V DC power supply or even worst. What reading do you get when removing the cable?
If the problem is solved meanwhile then please tell us what kind of error applied.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login