Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

100K Thermistor on Heat bed not working

Posted by minifiredragon 
100K Thermistor on Heat bed not working
July 09, 2016 12:14AM
I self built an Ormerod 2 printer. In the processes I ordered to 100k thermistors missing the fact the bed was a 10k thermistor. I did not think it mattered, but it seems to as the Duet electronics reads the bed at -19. However, when I plug it into the hot head temp monitor it reads correctly.

I am running 1.14 dc42 firmware (just started commisioning the unit tonight). Is there a way I can tell the Duet to use the 2nd temp monitor for the bed temp? Or is there a place I can adjust or recompile a file to get it to work with the 100k thermistor? I assume the bed temp monitor is working because when I remove the wire it reads (I think) -64 (what ever it was, it was different then when it is plugged in).
Re: 100K Thermistor on Heat bed not working
July 09, 2016 06:30AM
Look for the M305 P0 command in config.g and change T10000 in that command to T100000 (or add T100000 if no T parameter is present). Also change the B parameter to the appropriate value for your thermistor. See [duet3d.com] for more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2016 01:26PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: 100K Thermistor on Heat bed not working
July 09, 2016 12:45PM
Thanks for the help! I had looked at the config.g file and all the M305's were the same so I was scratching my head. Google does not help much for finding an answer like this. It is funny because I found the settings for the different thermistors, but did not find how to set them in the config.g or what ever file it needed.

Anyway, it is reading correctly now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login