Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cannot connect Duet Board

Posted by faniry 
Cannot connect Duet Board
October 17, 2016 09:54AM
Hello everyone,

I have some connectivity issues with my duet. I cannot connect my duet board to my computer via pronterface, Arduino serial monitor or via ethernet cable. In my device manager it says "Bossa Program Port(COM4)". When I try to conect it to my pronterface it just stay in "Connecting..." and nothing.
Just to precise, it's a "duet omerod 2"

My questions are:
1- How to flash the firmware?
2- Is my board is fried?

Thanks in advanced for your answer
Re: Cannot connect Duet Board
October 17, 2016 10:27AM
If the board brings up a "Bossa" serial port, it is not fried, but it is not programmed. You need to burn a firmware version into it before Pronterface will recognise it or it will appear on a web browser. I recommend downloading the latest firmware from DC42 or RepRap and burning that. You will need the program "Bossac.exe". Plug in your Duet, press the "erase" button on the board, and then in a command window type

bossac --port=Com4 -U true -e -w -v -b [filename] -R

Where [filename] is the firmware .bin file

I have attached the program you need, plus a command file"reprog.cmd" that makes it easier to program under Windows - simply drag and drop the firmware BIN file onto the file "reprog" in an explorer window instead of opening a command prompt and typing the command by hand.

You will need to put the correct "WWW" folder for the firmware version onto the SD card and edit the "config.g" file with a valid IP address etc. to get the web interface working properly. Read the notes on the firmware download page.
Suggested download - binary file here [github.com] and web folder here [github.com]

Note that after it has been programmed, the Duet will probably be on a different COM port to the one it was on before it was programmed. Also, if you plug it into a different USB port on your PC, it will also result in the COM port number changing. I have included the program "listComPorts.exe" which you can run from a command window to find which COM port the Duet has moved to. Note that if it is not on COM4 when you want to program it, you will need to edit the file "reprog,cmd" with the correct COM port number.

Dave

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2016 10:32AM by dmould.
Attachments:
open | download - tools.zip (275.7 KB)
October 20, 2016 07:16AM
Thanks a lot for your help Dave,
Now "Duet 3d printer Control electronics (COM18)" appear in device manager and the duet board is connected to pronterface but I have a new issue the printer do not find home x and home z. Could you please give some solutionst about that?

Thanks,

Faniry
October 20, 2016 09:01AM
faniry
Thanks a lot for your help Dave,
Now "Duet 3d printer Control electronics (COM18)" appear in device manager and the duet board is connected to pronterface but I have a new issue the printer do not find home x and home z. Could you please give some solutionst about that?

Thanks,

Faniry

See [duet3d.com]. There is also an online config tool at [configurator.reprapfirmware.org] but it doesn't get some things quite right yet.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login