Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New firmware with grid bed compensation and other goodies

Posted by dc42 
New firmware with grid bed compensation and other goodies
December 21, 2016 05:31PM
See [forums.reprap.org] for the announcement and [github.com] for the change list. Enjoy!

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: New firmware with grid bed compensation and other goodies
December 22, 2016 10:25AM
Thank you for your time and hard work!

Erik
December 22, 2016 06:40PM
All your continued hard work is much appreciated!

I probably won't be able to test it until next week, but I will do so the first chance I get, and report any problems.
December 30, 2016 06:33AM

Ormerod 1 +mod
Firmware Electronics: Duet 0.6
Firmware 1.17 (2016-12-24)
Web Interface Version: 1.14-b4

Ormerod Bamboo +mod
Firmware 1.17 (2016-12-24)
Web Interface Version: 1.14-b4

All good

Thanks!

Dario

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2016 08:25AM by Ormerod187.

Ormerod 187
Firmware Version:1.18.1 (2017-04-07)
Web Interface Version:1.15a
Slic3r 1.2.9a and Simplify3D 4.0.0
[www.dropbox.com]
December 31, 2016 07:01AM
Well this looks encouraging...

December 31, 2016 08:28AM
Severe Y axis twist?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

December 31, 2016 12:01PM
yep and after fiddeling araund trying to fix it i gave up xD I am planing on reworking the Y axis completely making it easyer to fix it.
January 01, 2017 06:42AM
This doesn't look too good does it?

January 01, 2017 08:01AM

I have now replaced the MDF sheet with the metal one from ddmetalproducts that I ordered long time ago. The bed leveling seems to be pretty bad still. What is acceptable here?
I'm also not sure about the approach for doing manual bed leveling with my Ormerod 1. I have the original screws going through heat bed, then two M3 nuts and then through the metal in the bottom and then finally an M3 nut. Now, with the metal bed there is only three of these (used to be one in every corner).
January 01, 2017 08:34AM
You need a gap between the 2 nuts so that you can adjust the height of the upper one.

To level the bed, first adjust the nuts on one of the back corner supports to get the nozzle height the same at both back corners. Then adjust the front support to get the nozzle height the same close to it too. You may need to do this a few times to get all 3 at the same level.

Then check the nozzle heights at the front corners. If one is high and the other is low, you have Y axis twist. There are threads in this forum on how to correct it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2017 08:36AM by dc42.

January 01, 2017 09:17AM
dc42
...There are threads in this forum on how to correct it.

One oldie here, please don't mind the silly wording :-)

[forums.reprap.org]

Erik
January 01, 2017 12:53PM

Thank you. A lot better now.
This 3D view is really helpful.
January 01, 2017 04:43PM
I have an issue with the 5th probe result! Makes my bed look very strange.
I should try to level the other four but the auto bed level works well for me.
Otherwise all working well apart from a slight 15-20 second delay in 'live' information displayed on the web browser after a reset or emergency stop. It freezes up, although I still have full control.
Great work.
Thanks
Jon

Ormerod 113
Attachments:
open | download - ACR.jpg (68 KB)
January 04, 2017 07:40AM
I am now happy to try using software Z compensation after fitting a proper leadscrew on the Z axis and not having the worry of wearing out the nut or threaded rod with lots of Z moves. So this firmware comes at a good time. However I must first re-attach the Z probe, which I removed when fitting the new Z mechanism and did not get around to re-attaching (I'm presently homing X and Z by hand). I have an aluminium bed which I can get level to within 0.2mm over the whole area, but have to re-adjust when printing large objects to get an acceptable 1st layer over the entire perimeter. (Small prints are not such a problem because a slight tilt in the bed does not cause such a large height variation over the printed area).

Dave
January 04, 2017 04:53PM
Jon Steward
Otherwise all working well apart from a slight 15-20 second delay in 'live' information displayed on the web browser after a reset or emergency stop. It freezes up, although I still have full control.
Great work.
Thanks
Jon

I'm confused: how are you managing to use just 5 probe points in the grid that you probe with G29? With a rectangular grid definition in your M557 command, you should get an even number of points.

Pressing Emergency Stop resets the Duet, so the networking has to start up again and connect to the router before DWC can access it. Hence the delay.

January 04, 2017 04:56PM
dc42

Pressing Emergency Stop resets the Duet, so the networking has to start up again and connect to the router before DWC can access it. Hence the delay.

Question abaut this, if networking doesnt restart after the "software" reset ,is there something wrong with duet?
January 04, 2017 05:06PM
Darathy
dc42

Question abaut this, if networking doesnt restart after the "software" reset ,is there something wrong with duet?

I doubt it, more likely a timing issue between the Duet and your router. You could try adding a delay (G4 Pxxx) command in config.g to delay the network being activated again.

January 05, 2017 03:21AM

How am I supposed to compensate for this when I only have one screw in X200 at Y100 to work with?
January 05, 2017 03:34AM
You need to fix the twist in your Y axis. There are some threads about that in this forum and even some printable parts to help you adjust Y axis twist. Basically, you need to rotate one of the Y axis end plates relative to the other so that the two ground rods are parallel. One way is to loosen the screws that attach the end plates to the printed parts, adjust the twist, then tighten the screws.

January 05, 2017 02:22PM
dc42
Darathy

I doubt it, more likely a timing issue between the Duet and your router. You could try adding a delay (G4 Pxxx) command in config.g to delay the network being activated again.

Adding G4 P005 to P999 didnt make a diference ,after reset the webinterface cant connect to the firmware untill i turn my printer off and on again.
January 05, 2017 05:36PM
G4 P005 only delays for 5 milliseconds, which is not likely to make any difference.

January 06, 2017 02:22PM
Ok G4 P800 seems to be working now ,thanks smiling smiley
January 07, 2017 02:14AM
dc42
Jon Steward
Great work.
Thanks
Jon

I'm confused: how are you managing to use just 5 probe points in the grid that you probe with G29? With a rectangular grid definition in your M557 command, you should get an even number of points.

Thanks for the explanation regarding the delay.
And sorry to confuse. Hopefully this will let you know what I'm doing with the levelling; The 5 probe points I've put in the config file, pressing the auto bed compensation activates these probe points then it does a calculation and now produces the colourful map.
If I send a G29 I get an error- No valid grid defined. Same with M557.
Over to the experts!

Ormerod 113
January 07, 2017 03:18AM
G29 does not use the up to 5 points you specify either in M557 P commands or in bed.g. See [duet3d.com].

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login