Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DC42 hotend connection question

Posted by brlowe 
DC42 hotend connection question
March 19, 2018 09:43AM
I'm connecting my DC42 dual hotend board (Single setup) and want to make sure my left to right is correct as this can be messed up depending on which way you are looking at it. I'm viewing it from the wire end of the connector facing the board. See the picture included.
So looking from the wire end I have on the 8 pin connector Black/Red,Purple,Red,Brown,Yellow,White,Blue,Green.
On the 4 pin connector I have Blue,Red,Yellow, Green.
Please let me know if these look correct.
I will then start the commissioning.

Thank you

Brandon
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_5056.jpg (514.2 KB)
open | download - IMG_5055.jpg (558.9 KB)
Re: DC42 hotend connection question
March 23, 2018 02:53PM
I was hoping someone would be able to look at the pictures and say if they looked right or not. Anyone?
March 23, 2018 04:15PM
I'm sorry, I don't have an Ormerod 2, if I did then I would compare your wiring with mine.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 24, 2018 12:30PM
first one looks ok to me ,but second you have red wire as first ,i might have older/newer ormerod 2 with diferent wires:

March 24, 2018 10:24PM
If you look close at that picture the first wire is red and black. It is the only black wire in those wires and I have a solid red one a couple wires over. Where does that black wire connect on your board? I will check mine.
March 25, 2018 11:59AM
It goes here :

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login