Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing Files on my RepRap Ormerod 2

Posted by cjdudley 
Printing Files on my RepRap Ormerod 2
October 20, 2018 10:09AM
Hi guys.

I'm new when it comes to 3D printing, but want to get into it. I bought a second-hand Ormerod 2 from a friend, and I've been trying to get it working.
So far, I've been able to use pronterface to control it from my PC, moving the nozzle around and extruding filament.
I've also installed slic3r, and it seems to recognise my printer.
Printing files is where I'm stumped. I can send files on slic3er, and it says it's added it to the queue, but nothing happens.
Trying to load a file in pronterface gives me a python error.
The board is a duet v0.6, and there is an sd card with the following folders: gcodes (seems to be print files?), sys (configs), www (web interface for the printer, but don't know how to access it when it's in the printer).

Would really appreciate some advice on getting properly started!

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2018 10:09AM by cjdudley.
Re: Printing Files on my RepRap Ormerod 2
October 20, 2018 11:16AM
Here are some archived instructions from their original web site that should help:
[reprappro.cheeseandham.me.uk]
Thanks to user cheeseandham for providing access to his copy of the original documentation. Have fun!
October 22, 2018 08:14AM
cjdudley
I'm new when it comes to 3D printing, but want to get into it. I bought a second-hand Ormerod 2 from a friend, and I've been trying to get it working.

Invite your friend over for coffee or a meal and ask your friend to give you an intro course? smiling smiley

cjdudley
So far, I've been able to use pronterface to control it from my PC, moving the nozzle around and extruding filament.

Recognise it, how? Via it's IP?

cjdudley
Printing files is where I'm stumped. I can send files on slic3er, and it says it's added it to the queue, but nothing happens.
The board is a duet v0.6, and there is an sd card with the following folders: gcodes (seems to be print files?), sys (configs), www (web interface for the printer, but don't know how to access it when it's in the printer).

The web interface is where it is at. You'll want to set the IP address using the M552 command in your config.g

Then you should be able to access the web interface, and upload print jobs.

I would suggest updating the firmware as soon as you can , after you've confirmed everything is ok and after you've had a play and are comfortable.
(Be advised that this could break something, so make sure you have a copy of your existing config.g , read [reprap.org] and you can also create a new copy using [configurator.reprapfirmware.org] and look for obvious changes between your config files and adjust accordingly.

Have fun!
December 06, 2018 08:14AM
cjdudley
Hi guys.

Would really appreciate some advice on getting properly started!

Chris

Hi and very welcome to the forum.
How are you coming along?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login