Ormerod 3 on the market! eye popping smiley Your Thoughts

Posted by Karoo Klong 
Ormerod 3 on the market! eye popping smiley Your Thoughts
July 15, 2019 07:53AM
Hi Gang.

I came across this add today.

Flsun 3D Z Ormerod Reprap 3D Printer Kit

It looks quite minimalistic and similar to the TRONXY X1
However I think the TRONXY might just be more stable than this.

Did any of you know about it?

What are your thoughts?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2019 07:58AM by Karoo Klong.
Attachments:
open | download - Ormerod 3.jpg (362.2 KB)
Re: Ormerod 3 on the market! eye popping smiley Your Thoughts
August 04, 2019 07:15AM
That's not an Ormerod, They've taken the name, but that's about it.

It is not made by RepRapPro, doesn't use a Duet, or indeed any recognisable parts from Ormerod 1 or 2. It's not even using the 3 point bed levelling. (Just 4 point bed bending)

To me it looks like a lot of cantilever cartesians being built at that price point. Unimpressed.

IMHO, WesBrooks Ormerod rework is the spiritual successor to the Ormerod if you want something like that smiling smiley
August 05, 2019 07:10AM
cheeseandham
That's not an Ormerod, They've taken the name, but that's about it.

It is not made by RepRapPro, doesn't use a Duet, or indeed any recognisable parts from Ormerod 1 or 2. It's not even using the 3 point bed levelling. (Just 4 point bed bending)

To me it looks like a lot of cantilever cartesians being built at that price point. Unimpressed.

IMHO, WesBrooks Ormerod rework is the spiritual successor to the Ormerod if you want something like that smiling smiley

Thanks for the reply.

I was also rather phased as to them calling it an Ormerod but the quality seems not nearly what you would expect.

In my view the Duet Boards really made the Ormerod an resilient printer that can still compete in the market even now almost 6 years later.
I am glad it is my first printer and am glad I was able to learn so much from it and from the Ormerod community.

I must say I am liking a lot of what I am seeing in WesBrooks's build and hope we will see great things still to come from tis little printer.

As for my Alumerod, its going very well and with the addition of the meshbed leveling it has opened a whole new world of possibilities! What an amazing improvement!!
I am just struggling with hot joints on the heater cartridge connectors and I am considering just ditching the Molex connector all along and just soldering all the wires and sealing with heatshrink.

I am completing the parts for my Root 3 CNC machine and then I will see if I can print a fitting to see how the E3D V6 print head will perform.
September 20, 2019 01:36AM
cheeseandham

Cheers! This project has been idle for a while due to getting some other machines and a business plan setup I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, just!
November 19, 2019 03:05AM
Maybe this in some way is the true evolution of the Ormerod?

[www.prusa3d.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login