Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ormerod with PrusaSlicer?

Posted by auser 
Ormerod with PrusaSlicer?
May 13, 2020 10:43AM
Has anybody tried their Ormerod with PrusaSlicer? If so what have been the results, and could you maybe share your settings? Will the ini files from slic3r work? I did a short experiment but seem to have done something wrong, the printer was moving so slow it was painful to watch. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Re: Ormerod with PrusaSlicer?
May 13, 2020 03:12PM
If you set the profile in PrusaSlicer to RepRapFirmware then I think it should be OK. Otherwise, PrusaSlicer tends to put M203 commands in the generated GCode file. Even though M203 has be defined to expect values in mm/min for the last six years, Prusa Slicer puts mm/sec values in the M203 commands that it generates. Hence the very slow movements.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2020 02:14AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 14, 2020 01:17AM
dc42
Even though M203 has be defined to expect values in mm/sec for the last six years, Prusa Slicer puts mm/sec values in the M203 commands that it generates. Hence the very slow movements.
Changed mm/sec to italic

I assume the second part should read: "Prusa Slicer puts mm/min values..."
I will try setting PrusaSlicer to ReRapFirmware this evening.
Thanks a lot for your help!
May 14, 2020 02:15AM
Thanks for pointing out the error in my post, which I have now corrected. It's actually the other way round: the specification says M203 takes mm/min (like the F parameter in G1 commands) but PrusaSlicer generates mm/sec.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2020 02:18AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 23, 2020 10:26AM
Finally reporting back: Setting Firmware Gcode-type to Repra/Sprinter did indeed fix the issue! Thanks again @dc42!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login