Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X End sensor

Posted by nof 
nof
X End sensor
December 19, 2013 01:06PM
I'm a little bit confused. Is the proximity sensor for both X and Z? There are two holes that seems to be 'leftover' from a micro-switch that wasn't mounted (on the X-axis assembly near the motor.). Or might be I have forgotten to mount something there.
Anyway when I try to home X the end is reached and the motor is buzzing. Any help? I have tried to put a bit of reflecting folie but that don't help. Maybe I put it on the wrong place.
Re: X End sensor
December 19, 2013 01:22PM
Hi nof,

yes the proximity sensor is also for X when homing. I detects the little lug below when X ist at 0.

Markus

XBee & electronics blog: [lookmanowire.blogspot.com]
nof
December 19, 2013 01:35PM
Thank you Markus. I put the reflective tape on the right place and now the homing works.
December 19, 2013 01:36PM
Hi nof,
nof
I'm a little bit confused. Is the proximity sensor for both X and Z? There are two holes that seems to be 'leftover' from a micro-switch that wasn't mounted (on the X-axis assembly near the motor.). Or might be I have forgotten to mount something there.
Anyway when I try to home X the end is reached and the motor is buzzing. Any help? I have tried to put a bit of reflecting folie but that don't help. Maybe I put it on the wrong place.

Yes you are correct regarding X and Z. (The Y axis uses the microswitch).
Even your cure with foil is correct and as suggested and goes on the little tab that protrudes from the motor mount (that drives X) that is on the Z slide. (i.e. it is close to the Z threaded studding)

See [forums.reprap.org] for other discussions on this.
December 20, 2013 03:14PM
The proximity sensor is an LED, so has to be connected with the right polarity; check with the wiring instructions.
You're right, the extra holes in the X motor axis are for endstops - we realised if anyone wanted to print out their own Ormerod, they may not have access to the IR sensor, so may want to fit a microswitch as an endstop instead.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
nof
December 20, 2013 06:02PM
Thank you for your information. I'm aware of the polarity is important. There is another problem with the sensor. The connector will not go all the way on the pins. The recess in the X-carriage is to small If I loosen the upper screw that holds the sensor I can get it on as it should but when I tighten the screw and run the X-homing it will eventually slid of the pins. I will not be able to work with my Ormerod until after New Year but I will follow this forum while I am away.
December 20, 2013 06:29PM
Hi nof

I don't quite follow what your problem is. Can you post a picture of it? If you haven't gone on holiday already...

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login