Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X axis - position problem

Posted by davem 
X axis - position problem
December 23, 2013 03:57AM
Hi,

I have an Ormerod kit number 122. I have experienced many of the problems catalogued here prior to the commissioning page being updated and figured out the ATX had to be running to get the board to function properly. I still have no network connection despite setting every thing up in the config file and manually adding the route via the DOS command line on my PC.

I am now stuck with a problem on the X axis. The homing procedure works fine and the print head stops homing flag (I have a piece of silver tape on it) but when I start printing the O position changes pushing the edge of the print area off the edge of the heat bed. When I stop the print by turning the ATX supply off and on again (the Pause print button in Pronterface has no effect) and send the x axis to 0 it has moved to midway in the travel.

Does anyone have an answer for this problem?

Dave M

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2013 03:57AM by davem.
Re: X axis - position problem
December 23, 2013 07:25AM
I haven't experienced the position shift, but I do find that Pronerface ignores the "Pause" button.
The button changes to "Resume" but the printer just keeps printing.......

Elsewhere you find posts (and now in the instructions) that the DUET has to be reset to get the network running, so all might be correct there.
December 23, 2013 07:41AM
Is there any chance that your X-belt is slipping? Did you tighten it by adjusting the X-motor position?
December 23, 2013 12:23PM
Hi

l have marked the shaft to pulley position and and so i know there is no movement between the two. The belt is nice and tight and no slipping can be heard. It seems the home function is called when the print starts?

Dave M
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login