Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ormerod commisioning problem

Posted by hughesie 
Ormerod commisioning problem
December 23, 2013 01:20PM
Hi

I have followed instructions and got to the point where i was changing the settings in the config.g file for the axis compensation.

I changed the config.g file and copied on to the SD card , now I can't access the printer via Pronterface.

I get the following:-

I get a message saying this - could not open port /dev/tty.usbmodem2641: [Errno 16] Resource busy: '/dev/tty.usbmodem2641'
and then the screen continually scrolls with the temperatures of the bed and the head.

I am using a Mac book pro

thanks for your help

Paul
Re: Ormerod commisioning problem
December 23, 2013 01:53PM
Check the SD card. Had the same, and removing/inserting the card eventually solved it (me think so).
December 23, 2013 02:27PM
Hi
you could try removing the sd card and formatting it in your pc (FAT 32). Then reload the sd card image files. Also make sure the card is pushed into the mounting on the board correctly. After i did this the sd card performed much better.

Dave M
December 23, 2013 02:53PM
the SD card that came with my Ormerod was empty (no files) and never worked. It took me the best part of a day to stumble across an early thread on this forum to realise that the supplied card was the problem. Formatting it did not help. I had to use another card (from my phone), copy all files on it and reflash the firmware using Arduino. Only then was I able to connect to board using Pronterface.
Printer has worked very well since.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2013 02:56PM by arnaud31.
December 23, 2013 03:13PM
eiaro
Check the SD card. Had the same, and removing/inserting the card eventually solved it (me think so).

Yes this resolved it thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login