Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some well-deserved praise

Posted by Radian 
Some well-deserved praise
December 27, 2013 09:19AM
I think the support we've had from RepRap over the festive holidays has been excellent. I'm guessing Ormerod was pushed along a bit to be released in time for xmas. Clearly it's very much a WIP but helpful support has been there despite the usual seasonal difficulties. I just wanted to say my thanks (before I post another issue :-)
Re: Some well-deserved praise
December 27, 2013 10:13AM
*blush*

Though the community support is hugely appreciated too!

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
December 27, 2013 12:47PM
agreed! - Thank You All!

Erik
December 27, 2013 12:50PM
YES! Massive thanks to Ian. The value of your support Ian can not be underestimated! To me your input on forums and by email makes a huge difference.
Thanks!
December 28, 2013 04:15AM
Havent finished my machine yet and from reading the forum, I have no doubt there will be problems ahead, but I am confident that they can and will be solved. Its great to have stuff that you have built yourself and can fix yourself. Perhaps reprappro should design a car. Then I could replace/ upgrade all the parts as time goes on instead of having to send it to the dump when it wears out smiling smiley

I am very impressed so far by the way things have fitted together. I dont know whether they were printed on an Ormerod, but it gives me confidence that my Ormerod will be capable of doing some serious engineering.

Thanks for all the support so far!

regards
Andy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2013 04:17AM by kwikius.
December 31, 2013 02:57AM
My machine 257 was missing some parts (hot end), Ian sent me a mail and seems this will be sorted out in the new year. Mistakes happen. Yes it is a work in progress to some extent being machine and build wiki, instructions can be misleading at times but overall it looks very good and I really did not expect a response to email support over the festive period, so well done guys!

Dieter
December 31, 2013 09:16AM
Here - Here!

Excellent job so far team, keep up the great support =)

Matt

Limited Edition Red RS Ormerod 1 #144 of 200 - RRP 1.09fw
iamburnys Ormerod Upgrades Github
Follow me on ThingiVerse My Designs
December 31, 2013 11:04AM
Hi all

Thanks, it's been a very busy 'break'! I'm away until the 2nd. Hopefully you won't get into too much trouble...

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
December 31, 2013 11:16AM
Have a good break Ian, and don't worry - there are now enough folks on this forum with sufficient experience to tell the newcomers which bit to hit with a hammer. winking smiley

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login