Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Temperature

Posted by Pendragon 
Temperature
December 27, 2013 07:01PM
Hi EveryBody,

I have Ormerod from rs NO:408, I have some problem with the sensor of temperature.

If I open pronterface and send M105 i get this message:

Temperature measurement fault on heater 0, T = -273.1
Temperature measurement fault on heater 1, T = -273.1
SENDING:M105
serial: M105
okT:-273.1 B:-273.1
SENDING:M105
serial: M105
okT:-273.1 B:-273.1

Some one have any idea?

Thanks a lot
Re: Temperature
December 27, 2013 07:04PM
It sounds as though you haven't connected the thermistors to the Duet. Have you plugged everything into the Duet, as shown at the bottom of this page?
December 27, 2013 07:09PM
Yes I had connect the thermistors the fun run well the temperature is cold and thermistors don't record only value -273.1.

I connected on the pin E0_TEMP near the usb on botton.
December 28, 2013 05:17AM
My bed temperature was -273 when I started connecting to the printer but it was because I had messed up one of the (hideously) tiny connector under the bed. After reworking this bed temperature was OK. You could check that the bed resistor is connected properly using a DVM to measure its resistance on the 2 pins of loom that normally connect to E0_TEMP. If it is OC then check your tiny connector under the bed.

As for the extruder temperature the loom is ready to use so it is strange that it doesn't work. I would double check that the extruder thermistor is connected properly first and that you have connected it properly to the duet (pin at the top, 2nd row, 9th from the right) and since your fan is working you could apply some heat to the extruder to see if anything registers on its thermistor.
December 28, 2013 05:37AM
Pendragon

Check the power to the board; you need 5V to be 5V, not 4.5V or less. Do you have a jumper on JP9 (5V_EN)? This enables 5V from the PSU. If not, and you are supplying power from USB, and it is marginal, the thermistor resistance will be high, and will report -273 temperatures.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
December 28, 2013 06:35AM
I find the problem dc42 you right the problem was the Male crimp terminal.

Thanks a lot

ps: now I have a problem with extrude, I have 205°c and 65°c but the PLA don't wants exit
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login