Setting temp from web interface
December 29, 2013 11:04AM
Is anyone else having problems using the web interface to set the bed and extruder temps with the web interface?
I can set the temp and control it properly with Pronterface, but when I try to set either extruder or bed temp with the web interface it seems to change the other setting, I can't seem to be able to set a different temp for extruder or bed... is this just me?

Running Chrome on an Windows XP desktop PC.

RS Ormerod #472
Re: Setting temp from web interface
December 29, 2013 11:15AM
I find that although the temperature you enter in one box is copied to the other box, it doesn't change the set point for that temperature. But it's confusing, and I hope this will get sorted out in a firmware revision soon.

btw I also couldn't get the "Send GCODE" function to work.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 29, 2013 11:17AM
Hi tim_h

I'm not able to test this, at the moment - my Ormerod is out of commission! If you've updated your firmware to the latest, check you have updated the SD card with the latest files from 'SD image', as they have changed as well.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
December 29, 2013 02:05PM
Thanks dc, I see that's how it's working, but I agree it's very confusing!

Ian, I have updated to latest firmware and SD image, but am now struggling with very intermittent connection via web interface and stopping of prints in the first or second layer.
December 29, 2013 02:18PM
I find that I can connect fairly reliably via the web interface, provided I don't also have a USB connection (and I can connect sometimes even then).

I've had prints stop twice. Once, it happened right at or near the end of a print, and I suspect either a power brownout or a firmware problem. The other time, it turned out that I had forgotten to re-tighten the terminal block screws after disconnecting the power from the Duet board.

You might like to check your power. Are you running from USB power, or just from the ATX supply?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

December 29, 2013 07:27PM
dc, yes I've found same results using either web interface or usb, but really struggle to get bot to work together.

I was having all prints stop after 1 or 2 layers, often in a similar position on the print.

I am powering from ATX and plugged into USB also, but the Duet will happily run with no USB connected.

Having persevered this evening I have finally managed to get some decent prints, one snowman and the axis alignment thingy.
I'm frustrated though because I've no idea what I've done differently and don't know whether to expect it to play nicely tomorrow!

December 30, 2013 03:49AM
What is the power quality like in your area? One potential problem with the standard arrangement (deriving the +5V supply from the 12V supply) is that if there is a power brownout, and the bed heater is on at the time, the 12V supply will drop very quickly, and the 5V and 3.3V supplies shortly after. I added an extra capacitor on my board to hold the +12V input to the regulator up for a little longer, and I'd like to use an even larger capacitor. If you have a laptop, you could use it to power the board via USB, so that the 5V supply will remain if you get a brownout.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login