Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

5V Supply

Posted by ejg 
ejg
5V Supply
December 30, 2013 07:42AM
Greetings.
As someone completely new to 3d printing and forums here goes.
I'm the proud owner of RS Ormerod number 425.
Reading through this forum I see several mentions of no 5volt supply except through the usb. I am suffering this issue. I placed the jumper on jp9 but this makes no difference and since my unit is out of the 1 - 220 range mentioned I believe it should receive 5 volts via the atx supply. on the duet I see another set of jumper pins marked atx 5V-EN. Should there be a jumper across these?
Re: 5V Supply
December 30, 2013 07:49AM
I used the procedure as described in the post below. But the warranty might be voided so contact RepRapPro whether this is an appropriate solution for you:

http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?340,280194,285800#msg-285800

Markus

XBee & electronics blog: [lookmanowire.blogspot.com]
Re: 5V Supply
December 30, 2013 09:55AM
ejg
Greetings.
As someone completely new to 3d printing and forums here goes.
I'm the proud owner of RS Ormerod number 425.
Reading through this forum I see several mentions of no 5volt supply except through the usb. I am suffering this issue. I placed the jumper on jp9 but this makes no difference and since my unit is out of the 1 - 220 range mentioned I believe it should receive 5 volts via the atx supply. on the duet I see another set of jumper pins marked atx 5V-EN. Should there be a jumper across these?

Hi

As I understand it to use 12v the link is on the Enable 5v regulator JP9 but on JP10 to connect the ATX. If using the ATX an additional cable is required from the 5V_stb header on Power switch board. 5v power can be supplied from usb without either of the above although not all devices can supply enough current and voltage.

Rory
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login