Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Head sagging again

Posted by dc42 
Re: Head sagging again
January 06, 2014 04:22AM
Simon, my sensor readings are still good enough to use. The lower readings will increase the sensitivity to ambient light, but I now have the Ormerod in a room with LED lighting, and the sun hasn't shone for several days. But I may print your original design anyway and use a high infill factor this time.

And yes, I always leave the fan running until the extruder has cooled down.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 06, 2014 06:48PM
Yet another replacement part.

Moves the nozzle down 1mm from the orig
Has no counter sink on the top (so works better with the socket head screws)
fan mount and top surface angled at 4 degrees up to compensate for the 'droop'
and give a little better clearance for the fans,

Chris
Attachments:
open | download - nmc.STL (72.9 KB)
January 07, 2014 06:55AM
I have just purchased solid 20mm PTFE round bar for amongst other things for making a new mount from Maizy Plastics South Africa. PTFE is amazing stuff but pricey. Some machining work and it should be sorted. I notice most of the print heads out there make extensive use of PTFE to prevent heat transfer. I am sure this will solve the problem period. I think PTFE should also make good slider bearings.

Dieter

Ormerod #257
January 07, 2014 07:34AM
Interesting! I just found these PTFE offcuts, but unfortunately I don't have the equipment to do precise machining.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 07, 2014 08:06AM
I will mill it on my lathe using some tricks and it should look perfect. I think you should manage if you have a bench vice, hacksaw and drill bits / drill press and some time on your hands and work slowly and accurately. It may not look pretty but will do the job.

Dieter

Ormerod #257
January 07, 2014 08:44AM
I milled a replacement for mine a couple of weeks ago from delrin which is much cheaper and stronger all round (ptfe is a little soft and subject to creep, and that part doesn't get very hot... mine actually melted because of some glitch that made the hotend smoke). I'll be printing out chriscain's part in ABS and trying it out (it's probably superior to my milling efforts!)

Ray
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login