Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thought I'd share my latest print...

Posted by tim_h 
Thought I'd share my latest print...
January 03, 2014 08:46AM
Just wanted to say I'm quite proud of my latest print, bearing in mind this is only my 7th successful print so far. I'm really impressed with what the Ormerod can do, and can see once the few teething troubles are out of the way will be an excellent printer.
My build of the printer has not been without problems, including a duff PSU and the usual connectivity issues, but with the support of the forum and from RRP, I'm sure we can all get there in the end.

The part is a gear bearing with planetary gears from here Thingiverse, all printed at once. All I had to do once printed was to lift it off the bed, insert an allen key in the middle and give it a turn. It was a bit stiff to start with, but I've spun it in the drill and now it's quite free running.

Re: Thought I'd share my latest print...
January 03, 2014 08:49AM
Cool

Stick around I feel some of us may need your help

Mike
January 03, 2014 08:53AM
Really nice! Well another working machine! Ormerod No?

Dieter
January 03, 2014 08:54AM
Nice print Tim,

I was just looking at that very part on thingiverse to see if i could scale it down to use as bearings for my 1kg filament spool.

Matt

Limited Edition Red RS Ormerod 1 #144 of 200 - RRP 1.09fw
iamburnys Ormerod Upgrades Github
Follow me on ThingiVerse My Designs
January 03, 2014 08:55AM
Thanks, forgot to add signature... Ormerod #472

RS Ormerod #472
January 03, 2014 10:11AM
Matt, I wasn't sure how well it would scale, as I thought the tolerance between parts might get too small. But then I noticed you can customise the part on thingiverse. Looks very promising.
I might have a play with making a smaller one tonight, although my wife has complained about me spending more time on the printer than with her over Christmas!

Tim

RS Ormerod #472
January 03, 2014 12:05PM
Yes, that's what I did, takes a little time for the thingiverse servers to customise the model for you but seem ok so far, its printing it as I type smiling smiley

Re: The wife, that does sound very very familiar, I'm thinking of printing her a "reprap widow" badge, not sure how well that will go down though!!

Matt

Limited Edition Red RS Ormerod 1 #144 of 200 - RRP 1.09fw
iamburnys Ormerod Upgrades Github
Follow me on ThingiVerse My Designs
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login