Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ethernet connection problems: possible solution [UPDATED]

Posted by dc42 
Re: Ethernet connection problems: possible solution [UPDATED]
January 05, 2014 04:11PM
My SD card just did not work on the machine even though I had no problems with it on the PC, so that was the first thing I tossed out and replaced with a old Kingston 2GB card lying around. Not a moments problems from that point on.
January 05, 2014 05:00PM
Oh well it appears I was being over optimistic and a reboot of the printer later and again I just get a connection error and nothing much in Chrome sad smiley
January 05, 2014 05:04PM
picnic, would you care you try my modified firmware, posted at the start of this thread?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 06, 2014 04:48AM
Will do, I'll report back later
January 06, 2014 09:12PM
Thanks @picnic, using URL+/reprap.htm has got me working with the ethernet for the 1st time, using unmodded firmware, so the "get the main page pop up then password prompt and page cannot be displayed" are issues with the initial URL/submit password URL.

grinning smiley

Cheers,
Simon

Kit 035
January 13, 2014 02:37PM
dc42 - sorry for the length of time before replying. Been very busy and didn't get a chance to try your firmware until late yesterday. So far it worked for me flawlessly smiling smiley
January 13, 2014 03:12PM
Hi picnic

All dc42's updates, and some of ours, have been included in the latest official firmware - [github.com]

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
June 27, 2014 12:54PM
hi DC42

I see this is a rather old post but it seems like exactly the problem i have. I have your latest firmware so I would assume the one you talked about here would have been incorporated in this one?

FIRMWARE_NAME:RepRapFirmware FIRMWARE_VERSION:0.65j-dc42 ELECTRONICSgrinning smileyuet DATE:2014-06-21
T:26.4 B:21.9
Timing out connection hs=20079600
Network connection error, code -10
Timing out connection hs=200795d8
Timing out connection hs=20079620
Timing out connection hs=200795a8
Timing out connection hs=200795d8

It continues like this and it sometimes comes right if i open in a new tab.

Are there a fix for this?

Thanks
DOlf
June 27, 2014 01:26PM
I haven't had any reports of that sort of problem for a long time. A few suggestions:

* Are you certain that you don't have duplicate IP addresses? Can you ping the Duet's IP address reliably if it is connected, and not at all if it is not connected?

* How do you have the Duet connected to the network? If it is connected direct to the PC, and the PC is connected to the router via another port (e.g. wireless), then you need to bridge the network ports.

* You could try zpl's fork of my firmware (see [github.com]), he claims to have made some improvements to network reliability.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 28, 2014 04:51AM
i am certain of the ip addresses even changed it but get the same results. Changed cables, connected directly to pc all with the same results. It is as if the webpage freezes and chrome gives option to kill page and when i do that and reload it often works again to just freeze again.

so far coming tight with pronterface.

I will try the other firmware.

Thanks
June 30, 2014 02:51PM
i currently had the strangest problems with my printer
till one hour ago i bought a new sd card and that fixed
all of my connections problems thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login