Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Very wonky Ormaxis... anyone had this?

Posted by gregstah 
Very wonky Ormaxis... anyone had this?
January 05, 2014 05:19PM
After wrestling with with my printer for days I finally managed to get a print done...

My Ormaxis print has come out wonky as hell... (Frankly I'm glad I have a print of any sort to speak of)

Has anyone had this, if so how do I fix it? Since it is so out of whack it's a little difficult to use this part to calibrate since it's so inaccurate.

The particularly dodgy column is the Z column...

Thanks.

Greg.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2014 05:23PM by gregstah.
Attachments:
open | download - 20140106_000507.jpg (201.1 KB)
open | download - 20140106_001515.jpg (238.4 KB)
Re: Very wonky Ormaxis... anyone had this?
January 05, 2014 05:37PM
Hi gregstah, good to see you're persevering!

Is this stepping in just one direction? ie on one axis? I would guess that the motor is missing steps, the pulley is moving, or the belt is loose and jumping the pulley, or the belt is slipping.
We're going to update the Ormerod troubleshooting page, but it will be based on the pages of our other printers. For now, have a look at the solutions here: [www.reprappro.com]
If you think it's a motor/stepper driver problem, swap the motor to a different axis, and see if the problem follow the motor (it's the motor) or stays (it's the wiring, or the stepper driver on the Duet).

Hope that helps diagnose the problem.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
January 05, 2014 05:53PM
Greg,

It looks like your Y axis belt is slipping.
Try putting a cable tie around the loose ends. Ensure you have a good tension on the belt as well.

Also, check your Y axis grub screw on the pulley.

Keep going - you're nearly there! smiling smiley

Simon

RS Ormerod No 192
January 05, 2014 06:12PM
Had similar problems on a different part and was the belt slipping on y axis, x-axis was fine. The issue is that the belt grip for the x-axis is good and it doesn't slip, the y-axis slots are not good and prone to some movement. Cured with cable ties in similar way to the pic above. It needs a nice printed part to grip belt on y-axis in similar way to x-axis.

Regards

Chris H
January 06, 2014 04:21AM
I've done as advised, thank you! It seems to be working perfectly!

:-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login