Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Issue with Pronterface...

Posted by TMD_RS436 
Issue with Pronterface...
January 06, 2014 01:46AM
Hello All

Got a bit further in the testing.

I have upgraded the firmware to 050 which allowed me to us FAT32 on the SD Card.

Now trying the Pronterface part and when I try to press on the GetPos button it says "Printer is not online." but it is and Pronterface is connected to it due to I keep getting the following displayed "T:26.8 B:23.1" every second.

So now I cannot continue with the tests. sad smiley

Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks

*** Update ***
Ok, the SD Card was failing again so it could run the config.g file I guess, formatted the SD Card once again as FAT due to that seemed more stable.
Now its working, seems that I will also need to buy a new SD Card along with a longer USB Cable.

What SD Speed Class and Capacity is supported on the printer?

Paul

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2014 02:25AM by TMD_RS436.

RS Ormerod No 436
Re: Issue with Pronterface...
January 06, 2014 05:04AM
I found the sequence of starting up the printer or Pronterface was important or the printer is not found.
Can't remember which though!
Think Pronterface needs to be started after the printer.
January 06, 2014 05:09AM
Paul, I had the same problem with the original card supplied with the kit (config.g not running, so Pronterface thinks the Duet is offline). I bought a Maplin 4Gb Class 10 card, and I have had no problems since I used that instead.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 06, 2014 06:19AM
Hello dc

dc42
Paul, I had the same problem with the original card supplied with the kit (config.g not running, so Pronterface thinks the Duet is offline). I bought a Maplin 4Gb Class 10 card, and I have had no problems since I used that instead.

Ok, so it can handle speed class 10, cool smiling smiley

Now to the card format MicroSD, MicroSDHC or MicroSDXC ?
RS has some 4GB MicroSDHC for £7 Class 10 any good?
758-2603 or 759-5574

I already have to buy a longer USB cable and a 10mm bearing so I may as well buy one of those at the same time.

Thanks

Paul

RS Ormerod No 436
January 06, 2014 06:33AM
My 4Gb Maplin card is MicroSDHC and cost £4.99 AFAIR.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2014 06:34AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 06, 2014 06:35AM
dc42
My 4Gb Maplin card is MicroSDHC and cost £4.99 AFAIR.

Ok, I will add one to my RS Order.

Thanks

Paul

RS Ormerod No 436
January 06, 2014 09:38AM
I bought a micro SD card from Argos (107/5711). Pricey at £18, but it was the closest store that sells such things.
January 06, 2014 09:57AM
dmould
I bought a micro SD card from Argos (107/5711). Pricey at £18, but it was the closest store that sells such things.

Oh, I forgot to checkout my order at RS, hopefully I will get it either tomorrow or the day after.

Paul

RS Ormerod No 436
January 06, 2014 10:57AM
TMD_RS436

Now its working, seems that I will also need to buy a new SD Card along with a longer USB Cable.

Paul

USB Cable advice: get a more flexible one than the one supplied, it will put less train on the board connection, I use a Amazon Kindle Reader cable, very flexible, L=1780mm D=3mm

Erik
January 06, 2014 11:02AM
Hello Erik

ormerod168
TMD_RS436

Paul

USB Cable advice: get a more flexible one than the one supplied, it will put less train on the board connection, I use a Amazon Kindle Reader cable, very flexible, L=1780mm D=3mm

Erik

Well I have ordered this 7903675 from RS a 3m version tongue sticking out smiley will probably cable tie it to the printer, but it should be long enough to lay out of way.

Paul

RS Ormerod No 436
January 06, 2014 04:07PM
Noone found another reason for this issue? I'm seing the same.

It worked just fine. Then I updated the config.g with new Z-axis calibration values and re-inserted the SD card (printer turned off).

I see this issue every time I turn on my printer now. Have tried to format the card and copy the SD-image content onto it again. Nothing seems to work.

Best,
Henrik

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2014 04:09PM by luposlip.

RS Ormerod No 080
January 06, 2014 04:54PM
luposlip
Well, I borrowed my wifes SD card and copied the 3 folders onto it. It works.

Conclusion: The supplied SD card is useless.

Best,
Henrik

RS Ormerod No 080
January 08, 2014 08:54AM
luposlip

It worked just fine. Then I updated the config.g with new Z-axis calibration values and re-inserted the SD card (printer turned off).

I see this issue every time I turn on my printer now. Have tried to format the card and copy the SD-image content onto it again. Nothing seems to work.

Best,
Henrik

Agreed. The supplied card sometimes worked electrically and sometimes did not, but in addition it was mechanically unreliable and would not lock into the Duet's socket very well, sometimes popping out in the middle of a print.

Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login