Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

computer does not find Ormerod com port

Posted by new-3d 
computer does not find Ormerod com port
January 06, 2014 02:53PM
after plugging in the usb cable, the computer does not show a arduino/ormerod com port in the device manager and it is impossible to get a connection to the ormerod (was no problem a few days ago, great prints, system was not changed/touched since then).
Tested: with/without power supply, ethernet, pronterface, arduino; I used several usb cables, different usb ports, numerous PC reboots and ormerod resets ????????????????????
I think I'm missing something very simple or the duet has a failure?

(I thought one week ZEN meditation is a hard task - I'm wrong)
Re: computer does not find Ormerod com port
January 06, 2014 07:10PM
Are the 4 tabs on the USB socket securely soldered to the board? Some of the early boards did not have them all soldered (mine had 2 out of 4), and one user reported that the actual USB connections between the socket and the PCB had fractured as a result.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 06, 2014 07:45PM
Hi new-3d

Sounds like the USB connector has become detached. Please email me on support at reprappro dot com, with your name, address and printer number (if you have a red machine, it's on the certificate). I'll order a new Duet board to be sent to you under warranty. We are asking for all failed Duet boards to be sent back to us, to try and help the manufacturer improve the failure rate. See this thread for details on returning the card: [forums.reprap.org]

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
January 07, 2014 03:41PM
I have checked the soldered tabs - they are ok. I can measure a connection from the usb cable (PC side) to the Sipex USB control Switch and the Atmel.
Do I have to return the Duet board or is there some test I can make first (hope to get it solved to prevent the waiting time for the replacement)?
January 07, 2014 05:03PM
Have you seen this thread? [forums.reprap.org] Could be related.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login