Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Web server issues

Posted by luposlip 
Web server issues
January 06, 2014 02:59PM
Hi there!

Just done with all the preparations. Currently performing the axis compensations.
But - when I start the web client (default settings, 192.168.1.14 and default pwd, nothings changed in the config file), I'm presented with the logon window (I use Chrome 31.0.1650.63).
I enter the pwd, click the submit button, and nothing happens.

When I restart the Duet, refresh the browser, I briefly see the web client, but after just 1/4 of a second, I'm presented with the logon form again. Same story as before.

I'm using the newest firmware from 30th of December 2013.

Anyone else experience this? And any fix?

Thanks!

Best,
Henrik Mohr
Denmark
Re: Web server issues
January 06, 2014 06:18PM
Hi Henrik,

did you test if the 12V supply outputs 5V/ 3.3V (JP9 enabled)? On some boards the step down regulator is dead and thus the web interface won't work.

Markus

XBee & electronics blog: [lookmanowire.blogspot.com]
January 06, 2014 06:24PM
Don't assume that the defaults will work on your network. You need to set your config.g so that:
1) the ip address isn't conflicting with anything else on your network
2) the netmask is the same as your other devices
3) the gateway address is set correctly

Generally, it's easier if you can log into your network router and check these; though you can often check by looking how the ip address is set up on your computer.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
January 06, 2014 06:29PM
markbee
did you test if the 12V supply outputs 5V/ 3.3V (JP9 enabled)? On some boards the step down regulator is dead and thus the web interface won't work.

No, I'll definitely try to measure this tomorrow. Funny that it seems to work the first time, isn't it?

Best,
Henrik
January 06, 2014 06:30PM
droftarts
Don't assume that the defaults will work on your network. You need to set your config.g so that:

Thanks Ian, but the defaults actually do work on my network smiling smiley
I'll check the voltages.

Best,
Henrik
January 06, 2014 07:30PM
Hi Henrik,

If you are getting the control page and password screen, then your config.g settings are good enough. I had the same problem on one of my computers. Try my modified firmware here to see if it fixes the problem. I intend to submit my changes to github soon and I would welcome your feedback first. It's based on the version 0.50 firmware, so make sure you have the homex, homey and homez files in /sys as well as config.g.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2014 07:30PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login