Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Ormerod Web Interface - WIP

Posted by iamburny 
Re: New Ormerod Web Interface - WIP
February 01, 2014 02:32PM
Hi,
Just trying latest version 0.54 with 0.57h-dc42 firmware. On a windows 8 pc using opera or firefox anything placed in textbox at top of page is not sent when the send gcode button is pressed. Also add code option in drop down gcode list is not enabled. So cannot send g31 to set probe value which I need to do as I have moved the printers position and now the readings are different.

Also button to clear message log would be useful

Alan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2014 02:48PM by alanbattersby.
February 01, 2014 06:23PM
Hi Matt,

I've come across an issue with the latest web interface. When I press STOP in the middle of a direct print (because the print has gone wrong), then reset the printer, then press the Connect button, it continues the print. This is most undesirable, especially as the axes are no longer homed. STOP should cancel any direct print that is in progress.

I'm also having trouble getting the setbed.g button to work, but I'll investigate that one some more.

Other than this, it's working well for me. Thanks for all your work on it!

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 02, 2014 05:42AM
@dc43
I'll have a look at that STOP problem, need to interrupt the web print loop when that or the pause button is pressed.
I found a bug with setbed.g button caused by it being added dynmically, i've fixed and tested on my local code, i'll be update github later today.

@alanbattersby
Like the stock web interface it is only been tested on Chrome sorry, i might get round to cross browsering it, but not any time soon. The value returned from running G31 is already displayed in the interface next to the Head Position.

@Bobtidey
I tested the interface on the latest Debian Wheezy 7.3 (VM) with Chrome 32.0.1700.102

Matt

Limited Edition Red RS Ormerod 1 #144 of 200 - RRP 1.09fw
iamburnys Ormerod Upgrades Github
Follow me on ThingiVerse My Designs
February 02, 2014 05:59AM
Thanks, Matt!

Bob: can you use Wireshark to trace the initial connection between the client and the Ormerod, under both Ubuntu and Windows? Maybe there is some negotiation going on that causes Ubuntu to use short packets.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

February 02, 2014 06:00AM
I have also noticed, that the print will continue after reset.

Another issue, if i SD upload or print directly, the progress bar will sometimes stay at 99%. At SD Upload the corresponding file will have 0Bytes.

Frank
February 02, 2014 06:48AM
PaulHam
Thanks David,

Ill have a go.

Ive finally managed to get it to print without hanging, even the graph on the print status is still working 22mins into the print.

The changes i made were -
Connect the Ethernet cable from the duet into the laptop directly
only used the gui buttons to home and move Z down 0.2mm. i then used the command box at the top to select setbed.g and print it, then select my file and print it. no hanging.

So by connecting my Ethernet cable into my laptop I have a fully working web interface without hanging.

I completed my longest print yesterday, 5hrs 35mins.

Well happy!
Thanks to DC42 and iamburny for all their work.
February 02, 2014 07:32AM
Hi,
Tried it on chrome but still have same problem. I can type stuff into textbox but it is not sent to ormerod when I press Send Gcode button, also add code in dropdown is not enabled. Any idea what in my setup may be causing this? Great work so far

Alan
February 02, 2014 08:01AM
dc42
Thanks, Matt!

Bob: can you use Wireshark to trace the initial connection between the client and the Ormerod, under both Ubuntu and Windows? Maybe there is some negotiation going on that causes Ubuntu to use short packets.

Thanks for the pointer to the ip_no_pmtu_disc stuff. That sounded promising but, unfortunately, hasn't done the trick. I definitely turned it off and rebooted to make sure it was picked up and persisted but the i/f still stubbornly fragments packets above about 800 bytes.

The attachment has two wireshark captures. The 350 one is when the maxbuffer is set to 350 bytes and then there is no fragmentation and all is OK. The 450 one is when the maxbuffer is 450 bytes and the first GET uploaded is fragmented and all grinds to a halt.

I'm in the process of upgrading to Ubuntu 12.10 and then 13.04 to see if that makes any difference
Attachments:
open | download - ws.zip (124.9 KB)
February 03, 2014 09:34AM
Ormerod Control v0.60

Cookies implemented for settings and Temp control
ability to add custom Bed and Head Temps added
STOP! and pause buttons now work while web printing.
setting to supress 'ok' log messages on message tab
Clear Log button added to message tab
Reset All button added to settings - this clears the stored cookies therefore return to defaults
bug fixed which broke soem dynamically added buttons (e.g quick buttons)
bug fixed where uploaded files with odd UpperCase names were printed instead of uploaded.

It is ESSENTIAL that you upgrade the reprap.htm on your duet, especially is you are using the "remote" version.

Matt

February 03, 2014 09:57AM
Unfortunately, I can't get it to work. When I try to load it, the webpage comes up, but the Connect button remains in its unresponsive state instead of going to a darker colour and becoming clickable.

I've checked that all the .js files, font files etc. are in my Apache directory, and I've replaced all 9 occurrences of the IP address in reprap.htm with my own. Is there any anywhere new that I need to patch the IP address?

February 03, 2014 10:46AM
@dc42 - If you are using Chrome, while on the web interface page could you click tools -> javascript console from the menu (or press Ctrl-Shift-J), then select Sources, then report back here any errors in the console view, please =).

Matt

February 03, 2014 11:54AM
dc42
Unfortunately, I can't get it to work. When I try to load it, the webpage comes up, but the Connect button remains in its unresponsive state instead of going to a darker colour and becoming clickable.

I've checked that all the .js files, font files etc. are in my Apache directory, and I've replaced all 9 occurrences of the IP address in reprap.htm with my own. Is there any anywhere new that I need to patch the IP address?

I have the same problem today with the 57g and the 57h version. First i have tried the 57g version that DC42 attachted on the last side of this thread and the connect button does not appear clickable. Then i switched back to the 57h version but the problem is still there.
I have not installed the new Ormerod Control v0.60! Only switched to 57g and back to 57h.

Frank

Edit: The Javascript console shows:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'json' of undefined reprap.js:42
event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2014 11:56AM by Cash.
February 03, 2014 11:55AM
I opened the Javascript console. It's reporting one error and one warning. The error is:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'json' of undefined reprap.js:42
(anonymous function) reprap.js:42
c jquery-1.10.2.js:3048
p.fireWith jquery-1.10.2.js:3160
x.extend.ready jquery-1.10.2.js:433
q jquery-1.10.2.js:104

The warning is:

event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead. jquery-1.10.2.js:5374

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2014 11:58AM by dc42.

February 03, 2014 12:28PM
dc42
and I've replaced all 9 occurrences of the IP address in reprap.htm with my own. Is there any anywhere new that I need to patch the IP address?

I count 10 replacements now. It used to be 9. I think the new one is cookie.
February 03, 2014 12:38PM
bobtidey
dc42
and I've replaced all 9 occurrences of the IP address in reprap.htm with my own. Is there any anywhere new that I need to patch the IP address?

I count 10 replacements now. It used to be 9. I think the new one is cookie.

Thanks, it turned out that I had picked up an old but unedited version of reprap.htm from somewhere. I just got a fresh copy of v.060, made the 10 replacements, uploaded it to the SD card using Pronterface, and now it's working for me.

February 03, 2014 12:50PM
Phewf!! thumbs up

February 03, 2014 01:06PM
Still not working for me. I am working with the remote Version (no local Webserver) and have nothing changed on the sd-card since yesterday. Only the firmware from 57h to 57g and back again.
Connect button is not clickable anymore... ;(

Frank
February 03, 2014 01:09PM
@iamburny - The progress bar on the print status screen doesn't work? Will that be in a future version or is it just mine?
February 03, 2014 01:13PM
bah... thanks for spotting that Paul, i'll fix it asasp. I made a change as web printing was also making the upload progress bar move, didnt test uploading after tha, sry

Matt

February 03, 2014 01:15PM
Now i replace my www content with the new 0.60 version it is working now! winking smiley

Frank
February 03, 2014 01:22PM
iamburny
bah... thanks for spotting that Paul, i'll fix it asasp. I made a change as web printing was also making the upload progress bar move, didnt test uploading after tha, sry

Matt

I felt a bit rude mentioning it as i know your not getting paid to do this. But i suppose if someone doesn't mention it you might not notice, I bet its like painting a white wall.

Matt, will your older versions continue to work even though your updating the files? im using the remote version as i cant work out a reliable way to serve the files at home (i have a freenas but cant seem to work out a basic webserver, and i tried it through FTP but it kept confusing it with randomly asking for a username and password even though anonymous login was on)
February 03, 2014 01:30PM
btw I tried setting the MTU on my computer to 600 bytes, and could no longer print circle.g. The firmware says via the USB interface that the client buffer is overflowing. So it appears that the code in the network interface to reassemble fragmented packets does not work. I probably won't have time to look at why before next weekend.

February 03, 2014 01:37PM
File Uploading progress bar is Fixed and on my git hub, if your using a "Remote" version on reprap.htm you just need to refresh your browser (F5) if your hosting local to you replace the reprap.js in the js directory

@PaulHam - Sadly most older "remote" versions wont work with the javascript I am updating, so much is changing its essential to keep the reprap.htm & reprap.js files at the same version. The real solution to this is have a "proper" web server on the Duet that is capable of serving javascript files, then a remote version wont be needed at all, and all files can reside on the SD card.

Until the Duet web sever is fixed i'd recommend getting a Raspberry Pi (i have 3!) very handy for this sort of adhoc stuff, its very very well supported and uber cheap! would be great if an expansion board was made for it to allow stepper control =D

Matt

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2014 01:43PM by iamburny.

February 03, 2014 01:59PM

@dc42 - note the Head Temperature reading increases while an upload is happening? werid!!!

Matt

February 03, 2014 02:12PM
iamburny
File Uploading progress bar is Fixed and on my git hub, if your using a "Remote" version on reprap.htm you just need to refresh your browser (F5) if your hosting local to you replace the reprap.js in the js directory

@PaulHam - Sadly most older "remote" versions wont work with the javascript I am updating, so much is changing its essential to keep the reprap.htm & reprap.js files at the same version. The real solution to this is have a "proper" web server on the Duet that is capable of serving javascript files, then a remote version wont be needed at all, and all files can reside on the SD card.

Until the Duet web sever is fixed i'd recommend getting a Raspberry Pi (i have 3!) very handy for this sort of adhoc stuff, its very very well supported and uber cheap! would be great if an expansion board was made for it to allow stepper control =D

Matt
Oh i might pick up another RaspberryPi then. i have one running OpenElec XBMC, 1080p streaming videos! smiling smiley
February 03, 2014 04:27PM
dc42
btw I tried setting the MTU on my computer to 600 bytes, and could no longer print circle.g. The firmware says via the USB interface that the client buffer is overflowing. So it appears that the code in the network interface to reassemble fragmented packets does not work. I probably won't have time to look at why before next weekend.

I have now tried this with Ubuntu 13.10 and same result with locked up file load. The ip_no_pmtu_disc setting made no difference there either. This should be fixable at the linux end but for the moment I can't see what persuades it to fragment.

I have done a capture of Windows Chrome traffic using the same webserver on Ubuntu where the upload works fine so that might give clues as to the difference.
February 03, 2014 05:55PM
iamburny
The real solution to this is have a "proper" web server on the Duet that is capable of serving javascript files, then a remote version wont be needed at all, and all files can reside on the SD card
Matt

Matt, can you tell me which of the files in the js, css and fonts directories need to be served? In guess it's most of them, but there is a .map file in the js directory and several different versions of the font files.

I'm thinking that as we can achieve 2Mb/min file upload speed, it should be possible with firmware improvements to serve web pages at this speed at least. So if the total size of files that need to be served can be kept to (say) 330K, that means the initial page load could be completed within 10 seconds, which is just about acceptable.

If caching of .js files, font files etc. was enabled (which I believe requires setting a maximum age or expiry date in the HTTP headers, see [developers.google.com]) then only the .html file will need to be served after the first time, and loading should be more or less instant.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2014 05:55PM by dc42.

February 03, 2014 07:02PM
Normally one would have expected the serving speed to be quite a bit faster than the upload as it doesn't involve the URL parsing and breaking down into G codes.

Looking at my capture the current duet firmware is serving the main reprap.htm (30kbytes) in about 0.7 seconds (2.5Mbyte/min) when accessed from Ubuntu Chrome but quite a lot slower from Windows Chrome, about 3 seconds. The difference is quite noticeable visually as well with the Windows one buiding up whereas the Ubuntu one is instantaneous.

I don't think the slower load for Windows is down to the Duet either. The Duet is responding to an Ack for more data within about 5 msec. The difference is the delay from the browser getting a packet of data and issuing the Ack. On Ubuntu that is about 20msec whereas on Windows it is about 120 msec. Weird. All machines are on the same lan segment and ping times are all < 1msec.

To verify this behaviour I put the reprap.htm on the webserver normally hosting the secondary files and browsed to that instead of on the Duet. Load time from Windows stayed the same as from the Duet. Also tried from WIndows Firefox and that was about the same as well.

So this does sound a bit more optimistic for making it all work from the Duet at some point although it would be nice to understand why the Windows Chrome is slow here.
February 04, 2014 03:21AM
@dc42 - the most important files to be served in order of importance are .htm, .js, .css all others are a luxury and can be worked around in the interface, the jquery.map file is not important and will be removed from the released version eventually. If those three core file type were handled well we'd be in a much better place.

February 04, 2014 04:03AM
bobtidey
The difference is the delay from the browser getting a packet of data and issuing the Ack. On Ubuntu that is about 20msec whereas on Windows it is about 120 msec. Weird.

I had noticed that the page builds up slowly under Windows. Bob, can you take a look at the load of a "normal" simple web page under Windows, to see whether the protocol is different? Maybe normal web servers send multiple chunks of the page without waiting for each chunk to be acknowledged first?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login