Yes, thank you
I should have put my glasses on.
flashing the board now.

regards
Paul
Re: New Ormerod Web Interface - WIP
February 08, 2014 02:35PM
Hi all,

I seem to have a new problem my print failed due an error, gcode buffer length overflow, this happened both online and with pronterface, any thoughts?

cheers

dave
February 08, 2014 02:50PM
Hi Dave,

Probably a dodgy Gcode file from Slic3r, someone else had a similar problem which turned out to be caused by a huge long line of gcodes.

maybe re-slice the file see if that helps

Matt

Limited Edition Red RS Ormerod 1 #144 of 200 - RRP 1.09fw
iamburnys Ormerod Upgrades Github
Follow me on ThingiVerse My Designs
February 08, 2014 03:53PM
Hi Matt

Thanks for the info for some reason the file was corrupt when I transferred it from my pc I've redone it now and I'll try it later.

cheers

Dave
February 08, 2014 05:31PM
DC42'Besides installing one of my versions of the firmware (and then testing it with Pronterface if you like), all you need to do to get Matt's web interface working is:

- Download reprap.remote.htm from Matt's github repository [github.com

- Rename it to reprap.htm
- Use Pronterface option File->Upload reprap.htm to upload it to the SD card (or take the SD card out and do it manually).

This assumes that the computer you use to control the Ormerod has Internet access. You only need to run a local web server if it won't.

Thanks, looks easy when put like that, I'll give it a go. The local web server looks like a potential issue as somebody else said it needed a bit of configuring to make work.

Regards

Chris H
February 08, 2014 07:38PM
Help please. I uploaded the renamed remote htm file to the duet via prontaface, connected ethernet cable and usb. Clicking on the reprap.htm on the downloaded software then opens Ormerod Control v6.0 in explorer. Pressing connect button then doesn't go anywhere after the spinning symbol. I'm obviously missing something somewhere, do I need to mess around with IP addresses as per the rrp web link? I have tried disconnecting prontaface but......Hopefully something daft I have missed....

Regards

Chris H
February 08, 2014 09:45PM
dc42
...and I've just published 57l-dc42 at [github.com] (follow the link and press the Raw button to download). Improvements in this release:

1. When G92 is used, the bed transform is applied to the requested coordinates. This means that for example, if you do G92 Z0 then the firmware now assumes the head really is at Z=0 (i.e. just touching the bed), and will report the current coordinates with Z=0 instead of assuming that the bed transform still needs to be applied.

2. You can now run the G32 bed-probing procedure without first homing the Z-axis. In this case, the Z=0 position will be determined by the first probe.

dc42 Will the existing 3 SD files work with this firmware??

# 500
February 09, 2014 03:47AM
rm2014

dc42 Will the existing 3 SD files work with this firmware??

Yes. The only changes I have made to those files are to change the x-coordinate used for homing Z, and that is because I have moved the I sensor mounting position.

I used to run a sedbed.g file that did the following:

1. Set the bed temperature to 60C but don't wait for it.
2. Raise the head 5mm in relative movement mode in case it is very low.
3. Home X
4. Home Y
5. Move to X=225 Y=200, which gets the bed clear of the x-axis and print head so that it is it easy to wipe with isopropanol
6. Wait for the bed temperature to reach 60C (during which time I wipe the bed)
7. Home Z
8. Run the G32 bed compensation

Then my Ormerod is ready to print. With the latest changes, I have removed step 7.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2014 03:50AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 09, 2014 08:21AM
Hi,
Thank you for this interface. I do like the design and layout, however, I have a few problems:-
1. When I open the page in chrome it opens fine but when I click connect the button turns green and says connected but nothing happens, no controls are working it's all greyed out. If I then click online to go offline the button goes red and says offline, then I click again and this time all items are useable.
2. Using your procedure I end up with the nozzle too low to print. so I am having to zero Z - G92 Z0 run setbed.g - G32 and then print.
3. Update to SD card is not working, I drop a file and the message says that it is loading but nothing happens, I end up with a zero file.
4. I took out the SD card and loaded on new g files, put the card back and started Omerod and the interface but the new files were not shown.
5. I tried to print a replacement part and it failed due to the filament not sticking. I tried this a number of times with different parts and cleaning the bed each time. I then decided to try the same print from Pronterface and it is printing perfectly. Why this should work from Pronterface and not your interface I don't know but an willing to try and resolve this issue with your help.

Please let me know what steps I can take to correct this and to test the interface more.

Thank for all of your support
Paul
February 09, 2014 08:34AM
Hi Matt

Everything is ok now I'm enclosing a current picture of my omerod with a couple of mods. (1) by using a long M3 screw I've mounted the reel support at the top of the Z axis, repacing the original fixing screw with the long one from the kit. This was done because removing the duet cover to press the reset button was a chore. (2) The photo shows the mdf box that I mounted the omerod on, this holds the pc power supply and any spare reels etc, the printer is held on via two M4 T nuts. The machine is currently printing the helix gear for the extruder.

cheers

dave
February 09, 2014 08:45AM
davetech
Hi Matt

Everything is ok now I'm enclosing a current picture of my omerod with a couple of mods

I think you forgot the picture.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

February 09, 2014 08:51AM
Hi Matt,

Sorry forgot to add picture.

cheers

dave
Attachments:
open | download - PIC_0006 (3).png (557.2 KB)
February 09, 2014 09:34AM
appjaws1
Hi,
Thank you for this interface. I do like the design and layout, however, I have a few problems:-

I presume you are using one of my firmware builds.

appjaws1
1. When I open the page in chrome it opens fine but when I click connect the button turns green and says connected but nothing happens, no controls are working it's all greyed out. If I then click online to go offline the button goes red and says offline, then I click again and this time all items are useable.

I've not seen that. Very rarely I have to reset the Duet to get a web connection. Mostly I already have the web interface running and previously connected, and when I power up the Duet, it reconnects after a few seconds.

appjaws1
2. Using your procedure I end up with the nozzle too low to print. so I am having to zero Z - G92 Z0 run setbed.g - G32 and then print.

Sounds like your G31 calibration is off, which happens very easily due to sensitivity of the IR probe to daylight and incandescent artificial light. Also, using the aluminium tape originally suggested tends to give inconsistent readings. White PVC tape or white paper gives more reproducible results. If you are going to run the IR bed calibration procedure AND set the nozzle height manually, it is essential to set the nozzle height (preferably at X=100 Y=100) with G92 AFTER running the bed calibration. Otherwise the bed calibration will shift the entire z-axis to whatever it thinks is correct.

appjaws1
3. Update to SD card is not working, I drop a file and the message says that it is loading but nothing happens, I end up with a zero file.

I've seen this too, but not for about a week.

appjaws1
4. I took out the SD card and loaded on new g files, put the card back and started Omerod and the interface but the new files were not shown.

I think there is a minor bug in the interface. When it loses the connection and gets it back again, it doesn't reload the list of SD card files, neither does it get the firmware version again, and these are both things that can have changed. There is a Refresh button you can press to reload the file list.

appjaws1
5. I tried to print a replacement part and it failed due to the filament not sticking. I tried this a number of times with different parts and cleaning the bed each time. I then decided to try the same print from Pronterface and it is printing perfectly. Why this should work from Pronterface and not your interface I don't know but an willing to try and resolve this issue with your help.

I suapect this is a z-height/IR issue again, nothing to do with whether you use Pronterface or the web interface, but caused by doing G32 and G92 the wrong way round. See (2).

February 09, 2014 11:11AM
Thank you for the information. I will start from scratch in the morning and re-calibrate G31 and recheck my other findings. I'm sure I tried the refresh button and nothing happened, the list remained the same.
Paul
February 09, 2014 11:16AM
appjaws1
Thank you for the information. I will start from scratch in the morning and re-calibrate G31 and recheck my other findings. I'm sure I tried the refresh button and nothing happened, the list remained the same.
Paul

Matt may have some suggestions too. What network connection setup do you have, and what operating system are you running Chrome under?

February 10, 2014 08:08AM
I am running windows 7 and chrome Version 32.0.1700.107 m and connect via a home router which has connections for my ink jet printer, a network backup device, raspberry PI and main computer. I am using your firmware build RepRapFirmware-057l-dc42.bin
This is what happens:-
I switch on Ormerod with just the main power. start chrome, input the ip address and the interface starts.
Everything is dimmed, it looks like it is trying to connect because the page flashes and then the connect button is active.
I then click connect, the button changes to green with the word online but the rest of the page is still dimmed.
Then click the online button and it changes to red with the word Connect.
Click Connect again and it changes to green with the word Online and now all of the controls are live.
Strange eh!
Paul
February 10, 2014 08:36AM
Strange indeed. I am running Windows 7 64-bit, the same version of Chrome as you, and firmware 57m-dc42 (which doesn't have any changes from 57l that are likely to be relevant). I turn on the Ormerod ATX power supply (without USB connected), open a new tab in Chrome, enter the address in the address bar, and the page comes up. I press the Connect button, it changes to Online, and all the controls work.

One difference is that I am now using a local web server to serve the other files. Maybe I'll try using the remote version of reprap.htm instead, which is what I used to do. I only switched to using a local web server because at the time I needed to change some of the .js files for firmware debugging. But there should be no difference in behaviour between local and remote, assuming Matt has kept the files in step.

February 10, 2014 02:54PM
Uploads to the SD card stopped working for me. This was specific to Ubuntu and had been fixed in a recent firmware update by increasing the window size and bypassing the Ubuntu TCP logic that can fragment request packets which the Duet can't handle at the moment.

By checking packet content I can see that the problem is that the request is getting enlarged by the cookie content which is included in every http request. The cookie content which holds the settings is currently adding about 200 bytes and this just took the upload packets over the MTU limit for me and caused the fragmentation and the lock up. It will vary by a few bytes from machine to machine but is now very close to the limit.

The cookie inclusion is not Ubuntu specific but occurs on Windows as well and I have got the same type of lock up from Windows as well. This will potentially get more problematic if more data is 'cookied'.

If I go clear the cookies then the upload works again as they don't exist at first, but applying settings re-introduces the problem.

As the cookies are not actually used by the web site here, it might be worth considering other ways to persist these settings.
February 10, 2014 03:05PM
@bobtidey nice catch bob, i'll take a look at some alternatives.

Matt

February 10, 2014 03:12PM
Sounds great.

My little 'work-around' at the moment is to do a Reset All under settings before doing uploads which seems to clear the cookie data and avoid the problem. But, of course you then have to re-apply the settings back.
February 10, 2014 06:25PM
I've now removed the cookie handling and replaced it with HTML5's local storage, few more tests and I'll commit it, I would be grateful if you could then rerun your tests.

Matt

February 11, 2014 07:26AM
Matt: Brilliant work you (and DC) are doing.
Currently printing my first ABS using the v0.60 web control. I noticed two things
1. when I tried to drop a file to the SD Upload Drop, it didn't work and I got your 'browser does not support drag and drop' - I loaded it using pronterface
2. now printing 1hr 42 mins, and the progress bar still says '0% complete, layer 0 of 0' - it is being regularly updated, because I could not be quick enough to copy and paste the message
thanks again for all your work
Greg

Ormerod #17
February 11, 2014 07:53AM
To get progress to work you have to enter the height of the print. It will then show the number of layers calculated from the height and layer thickness.
February 11, 2014 08:07AM
I find the drag and drop a little inconvenient. I have to go to the Gcode Files page, which is mostly about files on the SD card, even if I want to do a direct print. Also, since the drop points are near the middle of the page, I have to move the Explorer window containing the file I want to print into a corner of the screen, so that I can see the file I am dragging and the drop point at the same time. I preferred it when the drop points were near the top of the page.

Matt, would it be possible to put the drop points further from them middle of the screen (and preferably put the "Print G drop" on all pages, not just the Files page), and/or have Browse buttons to allow a file to be opened instead of using drag & drop?

One other minor issue: when connection is lost and the web interface reconnects, it doesn't notice if the firmware version has changed or if the SD file list has changed. You might not want to re-fetch these data always on a reconnect, however if the status indicates that no axes are homed then that is a good indicator that the printer has been reset, and firmware/SD contents possible changed.

Also if connection has been lost during a print and it reconnects, if all axes are flagged as not homed then the print should be cancelled - the user probably pressed the reset button because the print was going wrong (and in any case, continuing the print with the axes not homed is a bad idea).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2014 08:57AM by dc42.

February 11, 2014 08:49AM
Hi dc!

When I drag a file and hold it above the application taskbar button for a second,
the selected application jumps to the front and I can drop the file into the window!

RS-Online Ormerod #263, Kossel mini with Minitronics, Prusa i3 MK2
February 11, 2014 10:51AM
@Greg - as bob says enter the object height in mm to see the progress, in my soon to be released update the interface finds the height itself, but only from G files printed directly from the interface. Which browser are you using as the message 'browser does not support drag and drop' comes from the file drop plugin when it detects an unsupported browser.

@dc42 - some good suggestions, I should be able to sort all those fairly quickly

Matt

February 11, 2014 11:19AM
Hi Matt
I am only using Chrome - I think it was the one which came with Win7. Maybe it is an old version, and should be updated.
Can I try Firefox?
Greg

Ormerod #17
February 12, 2014 02:56AM
Hi Folks,

i have the problem, that i couldnt get to the web interface after updating the firmware to 057m-dc42. I don't know whats going wrong but when i get back to 057j-dc42 everything is ok, i reach the interface both dc42 interface and matts version. Pronterface is running fine, on all firmwares, everthing seems to be alright. I'm using Chrome on Windows 7 64bit enterprise...
Any ideas to solve this problem?
Thanx, Sven
February 12, 2014 04:24AM
Sven, I'd like to work out what is going wrong, not least because RRP has recently adopted my firmware changes and Matt's web interface (so far only into the Duet branch). I'm running with Win 7 Pro x64. First some information I would like:

1. When you try to connect using Matt's interface and 057m-dc42 firmware, what exactly happens?

2. Are you using the latest version of Matt's web interface?

3. What is your network configuration: how are your Ormerod and your PC connected to each other/your router?

4. Are you using a local web server or the remote version of reprap.htm?

5. If this problem is happening with Matt's latest web interface, please can you do one or both of the following:

(a) Connect via Pronterface, send M111 S1, then try to use the web interface (causing the problem to occur), then disconnect Pronterface, then copy the text from the Pronterface message log window into an editor and post it.

(b) Install Wireshark on your PC, capture the network traffic to the Ormerod when the problem occurs, save the capture to file, and post it.

February 12, 2014 04:59AM
@GregL - Feel free to try any other browsers, I only really support Chrome as it uses Webkit and has the most complete implementation of the W3C standards, I'm pretty sure IE wont work especially now i have upgraded some key librarys, let me know how you get on with Firefox =)

@Mr.Burns - Firstly, great forum name! are you a Simpsons fan by any chance? a quick and simple network test would be to browse to "http://YourOrmerodIP/rr_poll", you should get back a text string containing temps/head position amonqst other things.

Matt

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login