Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Ormerod Web Interface - WIP

Posted by iamburny 
Re: New Ormerod Web Interface - WIP
April 08, 2014 09:25AM
Exciting, ill have a go at this later on.

Does the duet serve the files fast enough now?

Thanks
Paul
April 08, 2014 09:33AM
For me, using Windows 7 x64, the initial page load time is just over a second, which I consider fast enough.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 08, 2014 10:36AM
Can't wait to get home and try it out. I keep wondering what will come after 'z'...
April 08, 2014 11:48AM
onno
Can't wait to get home and try it out. I keep wondering what will come after 'z'...
æø and å, why do you ask ?
April 08, 2014 01:35PM
Hi,
Just downloaded the new firmware and web interface, but the interface is reporting 0.57y-dc42 and reprap.htm 0.67
Is this the correct file and a naming problem or are they the old files?

Thanks for your efforts
Paul

appjaws - Core XYUV Duet Ethernet Duex5
firmware 3.1.1 Web Interface 3.1.1
Ormerod 1-converted to laser engraver, Duet wifi
OpenSCAD version 2020.07
slic3r-1.3.0, Simplify3D 4.1.2, Cura-4.4.1
April 08, 2014 03:13PM
Hi,

Not working for me I'm afraid.

Firmware definitely updated OK:-

>>>M115
SENDING:M115
FIRMWARE_NAME:RepRapFirmware FIRMWARE_VERSION:0.57z-dc42 ELECTRONICSgrinning smileyuet DATE:2014-04-08

Web stuff definitely in place as the title bar shows V0.68-dc42, but I just get a blank window. Tried both Chrome and Safari.

All the scripts are loading but the main page hangs.

Was working fine previously!

Unit stops responding to ICMP requests after first attempt to load the page.

Any suggestions?

Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2014 03:15PM by stevelup.
Attachments:
open | download - Screen Shot 2014-04-08 at 19.58.54.png (204.6 KB)
April 08, 2014 03:47PM
After a hard reboot of the Ormerod, and a restart of my machine, it's working now - thanks!
April 08, 2014 05:10PM
iamburny

Great work with the web interface. I have a "feature request" is there any chance that the temperature graph window could have the option to open in a new tab, and that tab contain a graph with more detail, especially time ticks on the X axis.

Messing with manual PID tuning and being able to write it up using the web interface would be great.

Cheers

Tony
April 08, 2014 05:28PM
SlinBin
onno

Not likely - accented characters are stupidly difficult to get on a UK keyboard. It's a problem every time I send an email to someone with an accent/umlaut etc. in his/her name, Now that I've reached z, it's probably time I gave up making firmware improvements anyway.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

April 08, 2014 05:34PM
Pull requests into the main Duet branch and then we can start with a new version number and "a" again smileys with beer

DuetWifi.: advanced 3d printing electronics
April 08, 2014 05:38PM
T3P3
Pull requests into the main Duet branch and then we can start with a new version number and "a" again smileys with beer

There is already a pull request outstanding. I understand that RRP want to take some of my changes but not others.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2014 05:41PM by dc42.

April 08, 2014 05:38PM
Sorry, bad news.

It just crashed 1hr41 into a 2hr30 job. This has never happened before (not one crash through 1kg of filament) - I think something isn't quite right.

Basically, unit suddenly just stopped moving, and head temperature began running away. Was alerted to the problem due to nasty smell!
April 08, 2014 05:52PM
SlinBin
onno
You mean... åäö... though it would make most software crazy if you went past ASCII. Even in 2014, sigh...
April 08, 2014 07:27PM
onno

Following the logic I assume:
x,y,z,aa,ab,ac..az,ba,bb and so on...
April 09, 2014 03:11AM
dc42

There is already a pull request outstanding. I understand that RRP want to take some of my changes but not others.

Can't think why, it's great smiling smiley

Another RS Ormerod Mk1 meets the world smiling smiley

Retired now but I used to make....
CNC Machined Mk1 aluminium bed support plates for the Ormerod
CNC machined X-plates and ribs for Mk1 & Mk2 Ormerods
CNC machined bed support arms for the Mk2 Ormerod.
Dual Hot-End heatsink blocks.
April 09, 2014 04:22AM
dc42

Do I sense some frustration here?
Ever since you started pushing out your branch of the firmware I never bothered looking at the RRP version, and it has changed my experience with 3D printing drastically for the better. I assume RRP has its reasons for not including all changes and/or fixes, but I hope it doesn't discourage you from future development work where you deem that necessary.
I can tell that your efforts are certainly appreciated.
April 09, 2014 04:38AM
onno
. I assume RRP has its reasons for not including all changes and/or fixes, but I hope it doesn't discourage you from future development work where you deem that necessary.

I second that!

dc42
Now that I've reached z, it's probably time I gave up making firmware improvements anyway.

You should only stop if you don't enjoy doing it. This is after all a hobby for most people and it's supposed to be fun. (A little frustration doesn't hurt, as it improves the sense of satisfaction when it does work!)

I think everyone here appreciates your work on the firmware, and I wouldn't be surprised if a much higher percentage of people use your firmware as opposed to the official one.

Please keep up the good work and if you are ever in sunny West Sussex, let me know and I'll buy you a pint!

Regards,

Les
April 09, 2014 07:10AM
stevelup
Sorry, bad news.

It just crashed 1hr41 into a 2hr30 job. This has never happened before (not one crash through 1kg of filament) - I think something isn't quite right.

Basically, unit suddenly just stopped moving, and head temperature began running away. Was alerted to the problem due to nasty smell!

Steve, thanks for trying it. I guess I need to try some long prints and maybe add extra diagnostics. Two questions:

1. Were you printing from SD card, or direct over Ethernet?
2. Did you have the USB cable connected, and if so, did you have Arduino serial monitor, or Pronterface, or nothing talking to the Duet via the USB port?

April 10, 2014 03:05AM
Pointy
onno
. I assume RRP has its reasons for not including all changes and/or fixes, but I hope it doesn't discourage you from future development work where you deem that necessary.

I second that!

dc42
Now that I've reached z, it's probably time I gave up making firmware improvements anyway.

You should only stop if you don't enjoy doing it. This is after all a hobby for most people and it's supposed to be fun. (A little frustration doesn't hurt, as it improves the sense of satisfaction when it does work!)

I think everyone here appreciates your work on the firmware, and I wouldn't be surprised if a much higher percentage of people use your firmware as opposed to the official one.

Please keep up the good work and if you are ever in sunny West Sussex, let me know and I'll buy you a pint!

Regards,

Les

Hi Dave, DON'T STOP, unless you have had enough. I really can't thank you enough for everything you have done for the community. We would still be printing in the dark ages, moaning about crashes, adjusting the bed and all being just truly frustrated.
I also did not realise that there was any 'official' firmware developments, RepRapPro have been notably very absent from the forum, I thought they had 'moved on'!

Thanks for everything (Making my printer work properly!) smileys with beer

Ormerod #007 (shaken but not stirred!)
April 10, 2014 03:33AM
dc42
1. Were you printing from SD card, or direct over Ethernet?
2. Did you have the USB cable connected, and if so, did you have Arduino serial monitor, or Pronterface, or nothing talking to the Duet via the USB port?

I thought I had replied to this, sorry.

1) SD card
2) No, unfortunately not - so I have no diagnostic data.

I'll try the same print this evening with the serial monitor running.

Steve
April 10, 2014 03:51AM
Sorry for sounding stupid, but was is the correct procedure to cancel a print from the web interface?

I always seem to end up with an unresponsive page and have to switch the printer off and on again.

Regards,

:Les
April 10, 2014 04:04AM
The only way I know of cancelling a print from the web interface is to use the emergency stop button - and then you have to reset the printer. In theory you can do this by sending M999 but it doesn't seen to work after an emergency stop. I'm thinking of adding a new gcode to cancel a print without leaving the printer in need of a reset.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2014 04:05AM by dc42.

April 10, 2014 04:05AM
Are you using the new web interface? If so, press pause, then the reset button that appears after pressing pause.

I think the old web interface only has a STOP button. That kills the unit and it needs a reset/power cycle to bring it back to life.
April 10, 2014 12:32PM
My web interface is suddenly acting weird.

I have printed a few bits today without issue, but now it wont upload to the SD card. As soon as I select a file the machine goes haywire moving all over the place!

Any ideas what is going on. (I have powered down completely several times & Pronterface is working fine)

Regards,

Les
April 10, 2014 04:30PM
Pointy

I have printed a few bits today without issue, but now it wont upload to the SD card. As soon as I select a file the machine goes haywire moving all over the place!

Any ideas what is going on. (I have powered down completely several times & Pronterface is working fine)

Regards,

Les

Not enough data:

1. Which web interface version are you using, and what firmware?

2. Is it just uploading to SD card that causes problems, or dot other functions not work properly work either?

3. Are you still using the original SD card that came with the kit?

4. Have you tried deleting old SD card files before you upload the new one?

5. Do you get the same problem when uploading any file, or is it a particular file that triggers the problem?

April 10, 2014 05:29PM
dc42
Pointy

Regards,

Les

Not enough data:

1. Which web interface version are you using, and what firmware?

2. Is it just uploading to SD card that causes problems, or dot other functions not work properly work either?

3. Are you still using the original SD card that came with the kit?

4. Have you tried deleting old SD card files before you upload the new one?

5. Do you get the same problem when uploading any file, or is it a particular file that triggers the problem?

Sorry DC I'm in the middle of large print, so I can't access the machine at the moment but...

1. Latest v68 & 057z-dc42
  2. Not sure
  3. Yes
  4. Yes, I cleared some old files.
  5. Happened with the last 2 or 3 files I tried (which all uploaded fine from Pronterface)

I'll look at it again tomorrow, do some further tests and get back to you.

Regards,

Les
April 10, 2014 05:44PM
Hi Les, stevelup has reported issues possibly related to my latest release, so try reverting to 0.57y and 0.67. What is the capacity of your SD card?

PS before you revert your firmware, please execute M111 S2 and report the "Never used RAM".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2014 05:48PM by dc42.

April 11, 2014 07:13AM
dc42
Hi Les, stevelup has reported issues possibly related to my latest release, so try reverting to 0.57y and 0.67. What is the capacity of your SD card?

PS before you revert your firmware, please execute M111 S2 and report the "Never used RAM".

This machine is definitely female. winking smiley or has DC added a female personality through the firmware?

This morning it uploaded a couple of files without issue, all the control page seemed to be working. Then all of a sudden the next file, although it says it uploaded, doesn't show in the SD file list. (Verified with Pronterface that it wasn't there)

Maybe it has something to do with the longer file names?

I'll try and do some more testing.

Regards,

Les
April 11, 2014 07:16AM
Les, there are limits in the firmware to both the number of SD card files displayed by the web interface (42) and the total length of text in the filenames displayed. So if you delete one or two files you no longer need, your newly-uploaded one might turn up.

April 11, 2014 07:16AM
Hi Les,
How many files are on the SD card ?
I don't know if the 42 file limit has been sorted yet.

Pete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2014 07:18AM by Peterdl.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login