Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Ormerod Web Interface - WIP

Posted by iamburny 
Re: New Ormerod Web Interface - WIP
April 11, 2014 08:10AM
dc42
Les, there are limits in the firmware to both the number of SD card files displayed by the web interface (42) and the total length of text in the filenames displayed. So if you delete one or two files you no longer need, your newly-uploaded one might turn up.

Thanks DC, Pete

There are only 12 files in the gcode folder.

I assume that limit would be per folder or for just the gcode folder. Do you know what the file name limit is off the top of your head?

Regards,

Les
April 11, 2014 03:18PM
The limit is that when the web interface or Pronterface asks for the list of files in the gcode folder, if there are more than 42 files it will only display the first 42. If the number of characters in the filenames plus a separator character between each pair of filenames, exceeds 990 then no filenames will be returned at all (and it will write an error message to the USB port).

I have changed the code so that in my next release, there will be no limit on the number of files, and when the number of characters is about to exceed 1000 then no further filenames will be returned.

Did you try pressing the Refresh button next to the list of files? (although it should not be necessary). Did you run M111 S2 to get the "Never used RAM"?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2014 03:19PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 11, 2014 04:36PM
dc42
The limit is that when the web interface or Pronterface asks for the list of files in the gcode folder, if there are more than 42 files it will only display the first 42. If the number of characters in the filenames plus a separator character between each pair of filenames, exceeds 990 then no filenames will be returned at all (and it will write an error message to the USB port).

I have changed the code so that in my next release, there will be no limit on the number of files, and when the number of characters is about to exceed 1000 then no further filenames will be returned.

Did you try pressing the Refresh button next to the list of files? (although it should not be necessary). Did you run M111 S2 to get the "Never used RAM"?

Thanks for the info, and sorry I haven't done much with the web interface.

I have been printing lots of bits today as I am keen to get this new PSU up and running, I have also notice a hole appearing in the extruder drive block so I have printed the modified one from this thread, along with the helical gears.

Hopefully I will get this lot finished tomorrow and experiment some more with the web interface.

Regards,

Les
April 12, 2014 02:42PM
This is probably been asked already, but could not get a hit on the search part of this blog.

States:
FW: 0.57z-dc42
HTML: 0.67
JS: 0.67

Question:
Dos the Print Status -> Estimated Print End Time Table work Yet?

Kudos:
Very nice work, sorry Adrian, but web design is and art in it self
April 12, 2014 03:43PM
gdwinslow
Dos the Print Status -> Estimated Print End Time Table work Yet?

If you use direct print from web: Yes.

If you use print from SD card: yes, if you manually enter the height of the piece in the box provided.

If/when I get time, I intend to add a function "Upload to temporary file & print". Then you will get the benefits of printing from the SD card without having to enter the height manually.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

April 16, 2014 03:56PM
I've released version 0.57zb of my variant of the Duet firmware at [github.com] (use the Raw button to download). In conjunction with version 0.68 of the web interface software at [github.com], this serves all the web files reliably from the Duet, has plenty of free memory, and improved crash protection and diagnostics.

April 16, 2014 04:38PM
There must be something with my system that this web interface doesn't like. I just cannot get it to work reliably. ( Now runny firmware zb with 0.68 wi)

It nearly always hangs at random points when uploading files to the SD card. When it did finish at the 3rd or 4th attempt, the file didn't show up in the list, (yes I clicked refresh). I then went to Pronterface and it wasn't listed there either, but strangely enough after I uploaded the file through Pronterface, the version I had uploaded via the web interface appeared in the list.

Quite often it refuses to connect at all, and I have seen that google kill page a million times now. angry smiley

In case it might be relevant I am connecting through a couple of these.

Regards,

Les
April 16, 2014 04:56PM
Hi Pointy,

I find the connection extremely reliable, and I only saw the Goggle kill page during debugging. I can think of a few possible explanations:

1. There could be a problem with communication over the powerline adapters. Are you able to get reliable connections over them using other equipment, with them plugged into the same sockets?

2. In the unlikely event that you are using the original SD card, that could be a problem, because the web interface pulls a lot of data off the SD card via the Duet.

3. The connection over the powerline adapters may be slow, and that could be triggering some sort of timeout. I have only tested the web interface using a wired connection.

Can you try temporarily connecting the Duet directly to the PC or router?

Another thing you could do is close the browser page, reset the Duet, connect via Pronterface, and send M111 S1. Then open a new browser page to the Duet. Then save the Pronterface message log to file and post it. I'm interested in the log when the connection attempt fails (if it ever does).

Also, what operating system are you using on the PC?

April 16, 2014 05:49PM
dc42
Hi Pointy,

I find the connection extremely reliable, and I only saw the Goggle kill page during debugging. I can think of a few possible explanations:

1. There could be a problem with communication over the powerline adapters. Are you able to get reliable connections over them using other equipment, with them plugged into the same sockets?

2. In the unlikely event that you are using the original SD card, that could be a problem, because the web interface pulls a lot of data off the SD card via the Duet.

3. The connection over the powerline adapters may be slow, and that could be triggering some sort of timeout. I have only tested the web interface using a wired connection.

Can you try temporarily connecting the Duet directly to the PC or router?

Another thing you could do is close the browser page, reset the Duet, connect via Pronterface, and send M111 S1. Then open a new browser page to the Duet. Then save the Pronterface message log to file and post it. I'm interested in the log when the connection attempt fails (if it ever does).

Also, what operating system are you using on the PC?

Hmmm, I think you could be right. Just did 5 files in a row without issue, having bridged the Ethernet connection on this laptop and plugged the Ormerod directly into it.

I am actually using the original SD card,and although its a class 4 it works fine. The powerline devices are running 24/7 with a camera system, which I suspect sucks up all the bandwidth. I will try it over the next few days hooked up directly and see how we go.

Regards,

Les
April 26, 2014 04:13PM
Duet FW: 0.58-dc42
HTM: 0.70
JS: 0.7

Printing file i uploaded, then pressed the file name button to print:

Printer states tab has the Sliced With, Layer Height, Perimeters, Extrusion Multiplier and Object height in mm populated. But the % complete, layer 0 of 0 and the Print Duration, Last Layer, Est. Time Left and Est End Time are not populating.

Is this a Bug?
May be i need to change browser testings?

Owe, uploaded a File that took 30min. Worked well and printed.

very good, I am inpressed
April 26, 2014 06:13PM
When printing from SD card using version 0.70 or earlier, you need to fill in the "Object height in mm" box. Then after 2 layers have been printed, it should start estimating the end time. Version 0.71 with 0.58a-dc42 firmware (see [forums.reprap.org]) attempts to read it from the file.

April 27, 2014 05:22AM
Since I have been plugging in direct the web interface has been working really well. Do you think it's worth trying to debug the problem when using the homeplug devices?

Regards,

Les

Pointy's Things
Pointy's Blog
April 27, 2014 03:40PM
Les, when I have released firmware 0.58c (hopefully later this evening), then you might like to try it and web interface 0.72, first with a direct connection, then if that works for you, with the Homeplug connection. If you get any web connection issues then the following would be helpful:

1. Before connecting over the web, connect via Pronterface and send command M111 S1. Then after the failed web connection attempt, disconnect Pronterface, and copy/post the Pronterface message log.

2. Preferably, also provide a Wireshark capture recorded on the PC of the network traffic to/from the Duet during the same connection attempt.

May 15, 2014 01:38PM
Hello,
I'd love to try out your new firmware, it sounds amazing. However, the link to version 0.57zb doesn't seem to work...? Apologies if I'm being silly, but I didn't even see a "blob" directory in the repository. I assume though that I could build it myself (once I work out how to build the firmware) from the sources in your repo - I'll give that a try once I've worked out how!

Thanks in advance,

Richard
May 15, 2014 01:42PM
Richard,

No Doubt Dave will be along shortly but the firmware and web interface have moved on a bit now. The latest features & where to download etc. are here [forums.reprap.org]

Pete.
May 16, 2014 08:28AM
Thanks Pete, I'll check it out. I'm excited to see how it works, I couldn't get the web interface working at all reliably with the stock firmware so fingers crossed this sorts me out smiling smiley

Richard
May 25, 2014 10:26AM
Hi Guys, I have a RepRapPro Tricolor Mendel, with a Duet board on it. I am ruining the 0.59-DC42 Firmware (Works beautiful for me) with the 0.76 Web. Being stuck with Slic3R is my only complaint. But to my question: Is there some instructions or maybe and brake-down on all the fields and stats in the web interface?

I mean a lot of it is self explanatory, but the graph on the "Print Status" Page. Is this the Max speed of the Ext-ruder drive over time?

Good job on the web interface, it all works for me know.
May 25, 2014 10:32AM
Just posted how to make your Ormerod Auto Shutdown after a print on the other thread if any ones interested....
It's easy to do... It would work with the Mendel as well I would hae thought....
Kim..

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
May 25, 2014 06:02PM
gdwinslow
Hi Guys, I have a RepRapPro Tricolor Mendel, with a Duet board on it. I am ruining the 0.59-DC42 Firmware (Works beautiful for me) with the 0.76 Web. Being stuck with Slic3R is my only complaint. But to my question: Is there some instructions or maybe and brake-down on all the fields and stats in the web interface?

I mean a lot of it is self explanatory, but the graph on the "Print Status" Page. Is this the Max speed of the Ext-ruder drive over time?

Good job on the web interface, it all works for me know.

I'm glad it works for you. The graph indicates print time per layer for recent layers. I'll add a caption in the next release. btw there is some updated firmware since 0.59, see [forums.reprap.org] and [forums.reprap.org].

June 12, 2014 12:41AM
OK, i am even more impress t. I loaded The v0.90 web and the 0.59e-dc42 FW. File Upload speed is the way it should be. I am getting ready to do first print. I will post any problems on the other blog.

Good job woohoo smileys with beer
June 22, 2014 10:25AM
I'm on a direct connection (ethernet between Ormerod & PC) - is that why the Print Status tab doesn't show any data?
June 22, 2014 11:22AM
Jaqcov, which versions of the web interface and firmware are you using? Are you starting a print from the SD card from the web interface, and then the Print Status tab is showing no data?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2014 11:23AM by dc42.

June 22, 2014 12:19PM
Has anyone thought of porting the "Contiki" OS and its networking infrastructure to the Duet? I know it has barely reached the Arduino comunity.

Oh I dislike this forum software, is there anyway to get it to put the latest post at the top and immediately infront of you and not the oldest one first?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2014 12:24PM by ezwul.
June 22, 2014 02:21PM
I always click on the 'Last Post', and then scroll back through the discussion looking for start of the postings marked 'new' in red
Greg

Ormerod #17
June 22, 2014 02:34PM
ah, ok, thanks for the advise, maybe if I learn to drive the software I wont go commenting on posts that are over 5 month old smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login