Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Aluminium part for Ormerod

Posted by Joar107 
Re: Aluminium part for Ormerod
March 02, 2014 04:06PM
I'll work out some costs for some sets and also I'll get some pics up with more detail. The Y axis plates also made a big difference to stability as I found the acylic ones were a little warped. One thing I am going to change is the back profile of the y axis plates to slide into the alum box to tie it all together.
March 02, 2014 04:12PM
The X axis looks much more robust than the acrylic one, nice job

Ray
March 02, 2014 04:32PM
Waterjet Tim
...One thing I am going to change is the back profile of the y axis plates to slide into the alum box to tie it all together.

Nice detail! - you should (IMHO) leave some room for fine adjustment though, but that's just me - the water cut parts look great!

Erik
March 05, 2014 05:07AM
Waterjet Tim
I'll work out some costs for some sets and also I'll get some pics up with more detail. The Y axis plates also made a big difference to stability as I found the acylic ones were a little warped. One thing I am going to change is the back profile of the y axis plates to slide into the alum box to tie it all together.

Does this mean that you intend to sell kits if possible (like dc42's sensor)?
March 05, 2014 03:32PM
Does this mean that you intend to sell kits if possible (like dc42's sensor)?[/quote]

I haven't worked out any prices yet I've been a bit busy but I was going to cut some parts out as and when I've got that material up and if anyone is interested then they have whatever parts they want. I'm not worried about making money on them I just like the machines and the upgrades do make a difference to quality.
March 05, 2014 04:30PM
I am interested in a set of both the bed and X-arm cut out of aluminium. I just lack the time to do it by hand, nor will it ever be precise enough. So if possible, I would want it, depending on price to some extent.
March 05, 2014 04:49PM
I'm currently in the market for a bed...
Dibond, alu-cobond etc. seem to be hard to come by here if you don't want a picture on it...
March 18, 2014 04:02PM
Joar. This part is brilliant. Ive waterjet cut one in 5mm aluminium this afternoon and im going to print your parts. Plas will you put the stl file fo the back support without the striker for the limit switch up again as i think it may have become corrupt. It only shows up as 80bytes. Ill post some pictures when its all done.
March 19, 2014 02:11PM
jy_oc_hx
Joar. This part is brilliant. Ive waterjet cut one in 5mm aluminium this afternoon and im going to print your parts. Plas will you put the stl file fo the back support without the striker for the limit switch up again as i think it may have become corrupt. It only shows up as 80bytes. Ill post some pictures when its all done.

Here you go

/Joar
Attachments:
open | download - y-b2.STL (54.6 KB)
March 19, 2014 04:04PM
Many thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login