Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ormerod troubleshooting guide

Posted by dc42 
Ormerod troubleshooting guide
January 08, 2014 07:58AM
As there is no troubleshooting guide for the Ormerod, I have attempted to put one together, to summarise the most commonly-reported issues and suggest solutions. I am avoiding listing issues that I have only seen reported by a single user, and issues that arise with 3D printers generally. Comments and suggestions would be welcome.

Last updated 2014-01-09 1650Z

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2014 12:03PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Attachments:
open | download - OrmerodTroubleshootingGuide.pdf (91.7 KB)
Re: Ormerod troubleshooting guide
January 08, 2014 08:05AM
Hi dc42, there IS a troubleshooting page - [www.reprappro.com] - but making it navigable was a problem, so I haven't added much to it, otherwise it was going to become completely unmanageable. However, we've updated it so it now has an (automatically generated) contents page (as do other pages now) so it's easier to point people at the correct section. I haven't looked at your document yet, but If you don't mind, I expect I could crib some of it for the troubleshooting page.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
January 08, 2014 08:18AM
Hi Ian,

In that case, perhaps you should link to it from the main Ormerod documentation page? I checked that page this morning and couldn't find one, and the old link to the non-functioning page seems to have gone. Unless the link is there somewhere and I have missed it?

And yes, of course you can crib from my attempt.

EDIT: I can see that you now have a link to the troubleshooting page at the bottom of the menu on the left-hand side. However, that menu doesn't work properly on the laptop that I used during the build - the last few entries get chopped off, using Chrome in full screen mode.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2014 08:24AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

January 08, 2014 08:59AM
dc42
However, that menu doesn't work properly on the laptop that I used during the build - the last few entries get chopped off, using Chrome in full screen mode.
This is also a problem in Firefox on my laptop. To get to the last items on the list I had to click the next topic link. The other method was zoom out to small text, select item and zoom in to read.

Ormerod #007 (shaken but not stirred!)
January 08, 2014 09:11AM
Hi dc42. Now we have a contents list at the top of pages, I'll concatenate some of the sections (eg there are 3 heated bed sections that can go on one page). This should make that menu shorter, though instruction pages will end up longer.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
January 09, 2014 12:03PM
I've just updated this document, and added a change log to it.

January 09, 2014 01:21PM
Very useful document. Thanks!

regards
Andy

Ormerod #318
www.zoomworks.org - Free and Open Source Stuff smiling smiley
January 09, 2014 01:46PM
January 09, 2014 01:47PM
We might start some sticky threads with useful FAQ, lists, troubleshooting etc.

Markus

XBee & electronics blog: [lookmanowire.blogspot.com]
January 10, 2014 07:21PM
markbee
We might start some sticky threads with useful FAQ, lists, troubleshooting etc.

Markus

@ Markus very good idea, this document in particular would be an ideal candidate for making sticky

Does anyone know how to do this?

@dc42, as de facto curator, could you keep reposting new versions to this thread so it floats to the top if no-one can make it sticky please?

[edit] oh, and @ian could you do it instead, or could you post a blog or otherwise keep us informed of changes/problems solved or worked around and provide links to updates, maybe via your web site, this forum, or a mailing list (to which I'd be happy to subscribe)[/edit]
Ray

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2014 07:25PM by rayhicks.
January 10, 2014 07:40PM
Hi Ray

I'm hoping to do quite a lot of instruction updates over the weekend (and over the coming weeks) - plugging gaps, refining instructions (particularly commissioning, axis compensation and printing), adding more troubleshooting, glossary of gcodes, and an updates/improvements/revisions page. If I could just get through this massive pile of emails, that is...

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
January 19, 2014 05:28PM
I've updated my unofficial troubleshooting guide. The forum software will no longer allow me to edit the original post, so I've attached the new one here.

Attachments:
open | download - OrmerodTroubleshootingGuide.pdf (95.5 KB)
January 19, 2014 06:12PM
dc42
I've updated my unofficial troubleshooting guide. .

Thanks dc42
winking smiley
Dario
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login