Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Adhesive backed Aluminium foil

Posted by dfloyd99 
Adhesive backed Aluminium foil
January 15, 2014 08:45AM
I have got some extra sheets of glass cut to make some spare beds, anyone any idea of a source of the 'Adhesive backed Aluminium foil' all the stuff I have found this thick for fixing insulation

Dave
Re: Adhesive backed Aluminium foil
January 15, 2014 08:57AM
Hi Dave

Don't bother with the foil, use white paper as a target, it actually works better! We're dropping the foil from the kit.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
January 15, 2014 09:09AM
White PVC electrical tape works well too.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 15, 2014 09:39AM
Fab thanks, will give that a try

Dave
April 08, 2014 07:05AM
Do the paper targets or PVC tape need to be 10mm from the edge or can I put them just where the foil was supposed to go?
April 08, 2014 09:18AM
They can go where the foil was supposed to go. But make sure that when you set the bed levelling coordinates in the M557 commands, these coordinates place the IR sensor head somewhere near the middle of the targets and not too close to the bed clips. Likewise the Z homing coordinates in homez.g and homeall.g. I recommend you set the Z homing coordinates to be the same as your first bed levelling coordinate, assuming you are using the IR sensor for Z homing.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 08, 2014 12:14PM
As it turns out for me, it probably would have been better if I stuck the white paper triggers a bit away from the edges (as it states in the manual), when they are in the corner the probe doesnt see the trigger because it is not "on" it.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2014 12:31PM by Sardi.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login