Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wait a minute?

Posted by kwikius 
Wait a minute?
January 19, 2014 01:05AM
I'm not using the network interface, so why should I have to wait a minute after switching on?

regards
Andy

Ormerod #318
www.zoomworks.org - Free and Open Source Stuff smiling smiley
Re: Wait a minute?
January 19, 2014 02:22AM
kwikius
I'm not using the network interface, so why should I have to wait a minute after switching on?

Good point!
We don't actually tell the DUET we are not using the network interface so the current firmware seems to try and find it, hence the delay.

My understanding is that if you plug in and connect the network lead, even if you don't plan to use it the process is speeded up.

Ormerod #007 (shaken but not stirred!)
January 19, 2014 02:59AM
Treth
kwikius

Good point!
We don't actually tell the DUET we are not using the network interface so the current firmware seems to try and find it, hence the delay.

My understanding is that if you plug in and connect the network lead, even if you don't plan to use it the process is speeded up.

I would have thought it should be the other way around smiling smiley

regards
Andy

Ormerod #318
www.zoomworks.org - Free and Open Source Stuff smiling smiley
January 19, 2014 06:50AM
Yes, that delay is annoying. 1 minute feels like 3 when you're waiting for it! With the ethernet lead connected, though, you can't connect fast enough to see the 'RepRapPro Firmware is up and running' message. I'll ask if the delay can be reduced to say, 20 seconds?

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login