Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Y end stop testing

Posted by adsoftware 
Y end stop testing
January 20, 2014 06:02AM
As far as I've read, an LED near the Y motor pins on the board should indicate that the Y end stop is alive. But only darkness here on my end. Is there a way to test whether the end stop actually works? Can I see a response in the UI if the end stop has been hit?
Re: Y end stop testing
January 20, 2014 08:58PM
To check the wiring use a couple of pins ( I used safety pins as it was all I had) and gently put them in the plug.
Then use your multimeter probes on the pins to test the switch is opening and closing...
I had to use this method to sort out my Extruder thermistor. It was a slayed socket, that I use a pin to close up in the end...
Kim
January 21, 2014 03:45AM
adsoftware
As far as I've read, an LED near the Y motor pins on the board should indicate that the Y end stop is alive. But only darkness here on my end. Is there a way to test whether the end stop actually works? Can I see a response in the UI if the end stop has been hit?

According to [reprap.org] there is a code M119 that would do this, however the current firmware does not appear to implement it.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 21, 2014 04:57AM
I managed to wire the switch properly and the LED is lit. The switch was a little hard to plug, but OK now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login