Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Circle GCode issue

Posted by madmob 
Circle GCode issue
January 26, 2014 08:35AM
Hi Guys

From Cape Town, South Africa.
Totally new to this environment, only got my Ormerod 5 days ago... lots of build fun thus far.

On that note, I would like to ask a question around the circle file.
The first 4 line of this file:
G1 F2000
G28
G1 Z5
G1 X180 Y100

Thing is when I run this print from the Web server, G1 X180 Y100, moves to Y100, but somewhere like X230. This is of the workarea.
Hence the circle starts in the wrong spot and ens there.

Funny thing thou, if I send this command via Web server, it goes to the correct possition.

I feel the issue is at G28, but not sure..

Any help would be appreciated....

BTW. Love the RepRap movement...

[Madmob Consulting:] Promoting 3D printing down South
Re: Circle GCode issue
January 26, 2014 09:55AM
G28 homes all the axes. Possibly, when you enter the command directly, you have homed each axis first, individually. This would make me think that either you have not updated the firmware, or you have updated the firmware, but you haven't updated the SD card with the files from 'SD-Image' in the same firmware package that you updated.

The firmware uploaded to the board, and the files on the SD card, need to be kept on the same version.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
January 26, 2014 11:24AM
Hi Ian

Thanks for the reply...

Firmware is updated to "FIRMWARE_VERSION:0.57a ELECTRONICSgrinning smileyuet DATE:2014-01-16"
SD-Image from the same zip file loaded on own SD card, One in box did not read.

When I manually home all axis from the Web interface all seems in order, hence my question around G28
Can I remove this from the circle file and run like that?
As a test, can I run G28 from the web interface to check?
Noob questions, sorry...

Thanks
Madmob

January 26, 2014 11:58AM
Hi Guys

OK, sorry just had to run G28 from Web interface....
Seems it Homes the X axis, then moves to X100, home the Y axis and then the Z....

Problem is this.... it stops at X100, Y0 and does not return to X0 before moving on....
Also, the Z axis homing should be done over the alu tape, at the corner..
I had moved X0 to have the Z sensor over the foil at about 10 X 10 from the corner.
So my homex.g looks like this:

G91
G1 Z5 F200
G90
G1 X-240 F2000 S1
G92 X0
G1 X3 F200
G1 X-30 S1
G92 X0
G1 X20 F200
G92 X0
G91
G1 Z-5 F200
G90

And my homez.g like this:

G91
G1 Z5 F200
G90
G1 X-20 Y-6
G30
G1 Z0 F200
G1 X0 Y0

All just to get the sensor at the correct spot. I cut the foil to 20 X 20 as suggested, but seems most have it way bigger....

Does G28 run the homeall.g file, if not how do I fix this?

Thanks
Madmob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2014 12:02PM by madmob.

January 26, 2014 12:49PM
Yes, G28 with no operands runs homeall.g. It shouldn't be moving to X=100. I don't see how your homex.g and homey.g are supposed to work. In homex.g you appear to be homing X, then moving the X origin out 20mm. Then in homez.g you are moving the head back to the original X=0, not over the tape. I have my white tapes (which work better than foil) in the corners, they are 18mm wide, and X=53 is about the right distance out to do z-homing and bed compensation.

I'm wondering whether you have your x-motor wired backwards. If you place the print head in the middle of the bed and then home X, it should move towards the Z-axis. Does it?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 26, 2014 01:00PM
Hi Guys

I most probaly cocked it up....

If I place the head in the center of the bed and run home X, it moves away from the Z-axis pillar...

Things are starting to look up, I was wondering why I had to have the head hang out of the bed to do the Z homing.....
Seems I am working in the wrong corner...

Will check the wiring, see if I can find my mistake.

Weird thou... I was able to get circle to run after editing the homeall.g file.
Drawing a circle clockwise on the bed..

Thanks for the help...
Madmob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2014 01:01PM by madmob.

January 26, 2014 02:02PM
You shouldn't need to change the home[axis].g files - leave them as they are. As dc42 suggest, check your wiring of the axes - annoyingly the X axis motor connector is flipped compared to the other ones, so the wire order is reversed. One day we'll change it in firmware, and I'll receive 1000 emails complaining!

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
January 26, 2014 02:21PM
Hi Guys

Thanks for the info, seems X axis was wired wrong...

All files reverted to original.

Moving back to Commissioning, just to make sure all is in order..

Thanks
Madmob

January 26, 2014 02:28PM
Seems you found the problem, but I'll add that homing the X axis does not always work if the Z height is close to zero and over an area of white tape - e.g. just after homing the Z axis. This is because there can be enough light getting to the IR sensor to fool it into thinking it is over the X home tab. The X home code moves the Z up and the X out a bit, but it can be insufficient to stop that happening - just move the Z up 10mm or so before homing X.

Dave
(#106)
January 26, 2014 06:23PM
Hi Guys

Thanks for all the advice, got it working perfect now....

It was the X axis wired the wrong way.
After that fix, followed the steps and all worked well.

Just completed the ORMAXIS.G print...
Goly gosh..... so nice...

Thanks all
Madmob
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login