Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Poor quality bearings- Solution anyone?

Posted by gregstah 
Poor quality bearings- Solution anyone?
January 30, 2014 03:33AM
So this is what happened after I started a 3d print last night....grrrrrrrr....

The linear X-Axis bearing slipped out of the print head after moving it back and forth this morning it randomly jams... the "jam" frequency increases considerably with smaller movements.

One of my bed bearings does the same thing but I've forced by attaching a few cable ties...

I've requested a new smaller one for the bed under warantee but it looks like I'm going to need a new x-axis bearing as well... this is rather frustrating.

G
Attachments:
open | download - 20140130_093251.jpg (357.5 KB)
Re: Poor quality bearings- Solution anyone?
January 30, 2014 05:10AM
I bought some from china but the quality is so poor you can feel the bearings turning as if they are not round so if anyone can suggest a source of reasonably priced quality bearings I would be interested. Although I cant help I think as a community we should come together and at least provide a name for the work of art your calamity produced smiling smiley.

Ormerod No 128 the half Byte
Re: Poor quality bearings- Solution anyone?
January 30, 2014 08:22AM
I vote for "Rasta" as it looks like a dreadlock ;-)

The x bearing initially felt a bit stuck but I oiled it right at the start and now is (still) feels fine.

Another problem was the PLA X-carriage. As the PLA deformed at higher temperatures the bearing would slip out. With ABS it is still rock solid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login