Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pronterface question

Posted by appjaws1 
Pronterface question
January 31, 2014 06:46AM
Hi again, my second post.
The reprappro firmware wilki shows the menu items under file :- Upload config and Upload reprap.html but when I run Pronterface these items are missing.
I followed the link from the installation guide of my Ormerod and assumed that I had downloaded the correct reprappro version.
What I downloaded was RepRapPro-Printrun-Slic3r.zip and in that zip is pronterface.exe version 0.1.0.0 dated 23/05/2013
Is this the correct version and if not how do I get the correct file.
Thank you for any help
Paul
Re: Pronterface question
January 31, 2014 08:26AM
Sadly RRP hasn't produced a precompiled version of Pronterface with those features. To get them, and also to do a patch you need to get direct print over USB working properly and file upload working at a better speed, you need to follow the instructions after "Advanced – For Windows/Mac/Linux –" at [www.reprappro.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 31, 2014 12:58PM
Thank you for the reply, I tried your suggestion but failed when my system said that python was not found.
I will need to research this.
Paul
January 31, 2014 01:15PM
appjaws1
Thank you for the reply, I tried your suggestion but failed when my system said that python was not found.
I will need to research this.
Paul

In Windows Explorer, browse to pronterface.py, right-click on it and select "Open with". Then browse to python.exe or pythonw.exe in the Python installation directory (typically C:\Python27). The difference between python.exe and pythonw.exe is that the former also opens a command shell window, in which any startup error messages are displayed.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

January 31, 2014 02:14PM
Thank you that worked well and now I can leave the sd card in the printer.
regards
Paul
January 31, 2014 02:53PM
Your next step is to apply the Pronterface patch to allow direct print over USB and file upload at 2Mb/sec. See step 4 at [forums.reprap.org].

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login