Bouden extruder hysteresis problem
February 04, 2014 02:21PM
Hi all,

i think i have a little problem with the bouden extruder hysteresis and i don't know how to deal with it.
I have pinted a litte rotor for a model motor, a disc with a hole inside. The extruder is printing the filament around the hole in the middle with only a small amount of extrution. After that the extruder if printing directly the outer perimeter with much more extrution rate. At that beginning, the extrution is much too less and at the first 1cm there is no perimeter printed in case of the hyteresis and therefore material missing.
Is there a solution or setting to deal with this problem?
In my opinion the extruder should start to extrude a little before printing that outer perimeter to compensate the hystereses.

Any ideas?

Frank
Re: Bouden extruder hysteresis problem
February 04, 2014 02:44PM
Several things you could try. Tick "only retract when crossing perimeters" and try unticking "External perimeters first". You could also set more than 2 perimeters and try "infill before perimeters". At a push you could try setting retraction to 1mm or even disabling retraction altogether (set to 0 mm) Also maybe try a solid infill (set to 1).

Dave
(#106)
Re: Bouden extruder hysteresis problem
February 04, 2014 03:20PM
Thank you Dave,

i will try it!

Frank
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login