Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pronterface freezing

Posted by 3djim 
Pronterface freezing
February 04, 2014 02:41PM
hi All

I have been using my ormerod printer for the last few weeks and apart from the usual teething problems have been successfully printing parts, however I do have an issue where when I am printing over the USB cable pronterface regularly freezes and the printer stops mid print. I can print the same files from the sd card with no problems so don't think it is a problem with the files. When the print freezes pronterface greys out and does not respond. I then cannot shut the program or the laptop down and have to hold the power button to shut down. Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Many thanks for all the great development work done so far on the forums it is has been invaluable to me in getting the printer successfully printing, I will post some of the modifications that I have carried out over the last few weeks over the next few days,(unfortunately I have had some issues in getting registered on the forum and only successfully registered this evening).

Regards

Jim
Re: Pronterface freezing
February 04, 2014 02:50PM
Which Pronterface are you using: the precompiled .exe one, the one run from Python without the patch, or the one run from Python with the patch?

Do you have a ferrite bead on the USB cable?

Which firmware are you running?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2014 02:52PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 04, 2014 03:39PM
Hi DC42

I am using the patched pronterface run from Python. I am using firmware reprapfirmware-059.bin. From the duet branch of GitHub. I don't have any ferrite beads on the USB lead.
February 04, 2014 04:10PM
I'm not sure of the status of 0.59 from the Duet branch. The recommended official firmware is 0.57a from the master branch. Several folks here are running Matt's web interface with my 0.57h-dc42 firmware.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 04, 2014 04:53PM
Thanks for the advice I will try the other firmware rreleases tomorrow.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login