Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ATX PSU

Posted by 88Zombies 
ATX PSU
February 09, 2014 03:53PM
Hi!
where can i find the instruction section for the ATX PSU??? woroking my way through the instructions, couldnt find anything about the connextion, then on the commisioning section it suddenly mentions it as if it should already be connected...

confused. especially after all the warning about how doing this wrong can fry the processor...
Re: ATX PSU
February 09, 2014 04:31PM
You mean this one? Reprappro.com
February 10, 2014 09:21AM
Ah is that it? i did see that page but it only mentions that the ATX PC power supply has a 24-pin ATX connector and a 4-pin Aux power connector.

It says at the bottom of the page "do not connect"

I assumed more instructions were to come, that mention when to connect.

Also, what about all the other wires that are are attached to the ATX PSU? do these just stay loose?
February 10, 2014 10:48AM
88Zombies

It says at the bottom of the page "do not connect"

Should be read as in "do not connect, yet" - you have not yet reached the "Watch for smoke in case something has gone horribly wrong!" part :-)

Also, what about all the other wires that are are attached to the ATX PSU? do these just stay loose?

Yes, these are just "extras"

Erik
February 10, 2014 12:59PM
ah lovely thankyou, spent a good 15minutes trying to find where the extra wires plugged in -.-

haha yes I've just reached the "Watch for smoke in case something has gone horribly wrong!" part, the PSU was still in the box so if it did start smoking I would be extremely worried...
February 13, 2014 02:12AM
88Zombies

Octo: "Don't worry, I got this!"

[www.thingiverse.com]

Erik
February 13, 2014 04:16AM
haha that's amazing!!!!
February 14, 2014 02:56AM
hot smiley I like Octo......

I've made him redundant here thou (I know the recession is still biting, and Mrs Octo with find it hard to feed the babies but....), opened up the power supply and nipped the excess wires off at their roots.
Their handy additions to the "might come in useful on a rainy day" draw....
Kim..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login